|11| Missing Person

The next day I woke up to the obnoxious alarm clock. 9AM it read, and I rolled over groaning. Just the thought of getting up make my stomach sick, I just finally fell asleep at 7AM. "Wait a minute, didn't I unplug my alarm clock?" I thought to myself, slowly awakening from my drowsiness. It was the phone, I pick it up quickly before the ringing stops.
   "Hello?" I asked confused.
   "Hi, is this B?" The unfamiliar voice spoke.
   "Can I ask who's calling?" I sat up, rubbing my eyes awake.
   "This is Irene, a friend of Sharon, a roommate as well. I haven't seen her around in almost a week... we have exams coming up soon and I know how much it means to all of us that we all pass together. I've called her parents, other friends, partners, and looked everywhere for her. There's a missing person poster on every block. I decided to call you now because I know of you and know guys haven't been talking lately, and thought it might've been a phase of her leaving. Do you know where she might've gone?"
The phone went silence after she spoke. I felt myself start to panic thinking of her missing. So many times she's done me wrong but I wouldn't wish death on her. BANG, a lightbulb went off in my head; "The Underground". It's a place to escape reality with experimental drug and sex - meaning experimenting with BDSM side. I took her there when we first met, it was one of the funniest times with her, I still remember what room number we were in, 6. I cleared my throat before speaking.
"Yeah, yeah I might know of a place. I'll call you back tonight." I scavenge around for a notepaper and pen.
"What's you're number... Irene?" She gave me her number and shortly after hung up. I quickly got ready for the day, feeling the tightness in my stomach turn into a knot. I know of many reasons why she'd be there, but WHY. She told me it wasn't a place for her to be alone without me, but yet again it's a place to escape. Exams, tests, deadlines, all of the above can cause a lot of stress on someone. I guess her preppy attitude couldn't keep up with what she truly was inside.

---

The time on my watch read noon. I took a deep breathe before entering the place which contained lost memories. I sat down on the stool at the bar, this place was in disguise as a simple bar.
"What can I get for you?" Jared, the owner asks. His face lit up in terror as soon as he saw me.
"B? Are you looking for-"
"Sharon, yes I am. Is she here." He nods and motions his eyes to the back door. I lay down a $5 and walk that way.

My palms began to sweat while entering the next room, which was decorated in dark red colors. The room was filled with mirrors and a long hallway at the end. Everyone was chilling, mostly due to the fact of pot they had in their system. When I walked by, I felt all the eyes on me, causing my throat to feel dry. The air felt thing as soon as I got closer to the door 6, down the hall. I can hear moans from inside, causing me to hesitate while I reached for the doorknob.

"Stop it you ugly pig!" Sharon giggles from the other side, causing me to turn the doorknob and walk in.
"Who the fuck?" The man in the gas mask turns his face to me.
"Sharon what the fuck are you doing?" I feel the anger inside me build up as she's bonded up.
"Lighten the fuck up B, come join us!" She slurred her words. Her eyes kept spinning around the room, notifying me she was definitely on something.
"Playtime is over gas man, get the fuck out." I growled at him, starting to untie her.
"Who the fuck are you to say."
"I'm her girlfriend, I said get the fuck out!"

Sharon falls out of the rope and onto the floor while the man scrabbled out of the room. I noticed the marks on her skin and needle marks in her arm.
"What the fuck are you doing Sharon?" I grab onto her arm, helping her up onto the bed.
"I- well hello! You come here to eat me good? Nobody can do it right but you." She grabs onto my ass causing me to jump. I push her back, scanning the room for her clothes. I go and grab them from the corner of the room, throwing them at her.
"Get dressed." I demanded. She looked like a pile of puddy, watching her struggle while she attempted in her clothes. She laughs uncontrollably, so I decided to do it for her.
"Do I have to carry you out? Cmon' lets go." She reeked of alcohol. I wrap her arm around my neck, helping her stand up.
"Y'know, you're a really nice girl. We should go out sometime." She burps and I rolled my eyes.

---

When we got back to my place, I quickly drew her as she throws up into the toilet.
"Fuck how long have I been gone?" She says, finally sobering up.
"A fucking week!" I hold back her hair as she continues. Once she is done, I handed her a glass of water.
"How come you didn't get me sooner? My fucking vagina feels like jelly." I let out a laugh and sighed.
"Shut up and get in the bath." I said and she did. I lathered the shampoo up in my hands before I began to wash her hair.
"God, I feel like shit. I'm shaking so bad, B." I caress her back softly, trying to comfort her.
"You know I need to report I found you... Irene said you're on a missing person list." She hesitantly starts to laugh.
"Me? No... I'm right here. Nobody cared to look for me, nobody looked at my favorite spots, nobody cared for me..." she says with a tone of sadness in her voice. I felt the same way when I left home, it's a feeling you can never recover from, at least I haven't.
"It'll be okay," I whispered, kissing her cheek.