|12| Water

Loud noises smash together, men yelling at each other. I looked around the room confused. My tea party had some random sounds in it. Never in a million years I'd thought to hear a construction site in my little sanctuary. BANG,

"Damnit Bill I told you! Fuck now look what you did!" I was startled from my slumber. Noticing it was reality, it sent me into a panic. I rushed to my front door, closing my robe while I peeked out the window. The road that was once there, tore up, and pipes laying everywhere

"What the fuck?" I said to myself, wondering what is going on. I scratched my head at the situation, walking over to my kitchen sink. Upon turning on the faucet, no water came out.
   "Are you fucking kidding me!" I looked over at the stack of unopened mail from throughout the week. Maybe it was about time for me to read them.

   On my deck, I light my morning cig, shifting throughout the junk mail. Important Notice one reads, sending my gut to tremble with nerves. The letter inside contains a notice for the road and pipes to be done. During the one week time, everyone on the block will have no water. They're providing people to shower at local hotel rooms.
   "What a crock of shit." I said, putting out my cigarette. I ran my fingers through my dirty hair, cringing from the oil.
  "Damnit." I said, realizing I was to tired to take a shower LAST night from work. Guess I'll have to take them up on their offer.

   "What do you mean you have no more hotel rooms?! This is bullshit!" I gritted my teeth in anger at the receptionist.
   "Ma'am, I'm sorry but it was a first come first serve here. It's 5pm, we have no available-" The man had a bore expression on his face, like he didn't give a damn.
  "Don't waste your breathe." I said, turning and walking out.

   I bit my nails nervously, looking through a magazine. I was thinking to myself how come Prince hasn't called me yet, and with that thought... the phone oddly rang.
   "Uh, Hello?" I asked in a awkward tone.
   "Uh, Hi." Prince laughed and my heart skipped a beat. I smiled stupidly into the phone.
   "How are you?" He says in his usual raspy tone that sent a usual heat between my legs. I cross them tighter, sitting up in the chair.
   "I'm fine, besides no water. How are you? How's California-" I was going to continue to talk, but didn't want to act as giggly as I felt.
   "It's alright. Hot, humid y'know... the atmosphere here is all tight, can't wait to come home and be with you." The words rolled off his tongue, making me melt into the chair.
   "Wait, why don't you have water?"
   "Oh well, the pipes and road. Stupid shit. Fuck I need to take a shower, I'm going mad." I itch my skin as it felt as if I had bugs on me.
  "I can't stand not taking one everyday. Plus this damn hairspray in my hair is disgusting. I'm a hot mess, excuse me." I giggled.
   "Hmm, why don't you go to my house? The key is in the mailbox."
   "What? Really? Are you sure?" I asked shocked.
   "Yeah I mean, it's empty and ... you might as well stay there until it's fixed. Keep my bed warm for me." He teased. I giggled into the phone, letting out a sigh.
   "Thank you, I've never had anyone do this for me before... What's you're favorite thing to eat? Let me cook you something for when you come home." I grabbed my pen and notepad, waiting for his response.
   "Hmm," Prince clicked his tongue.
   "Thinking, you can only prep it though."
   "Alright?" I furrowed my eyebrows at his words.
   "I'd like to eat you." He groaned and I let out a laugh.
   "Dream on buddy. The only way you'd ever eat me is cooking for me first. The only way to a girls heart is through her food." I teased.
   "Awh so it's not eating you're girl right? I always thought if you made her your daily meal, it would be the way to her heart." We both laugh.
   "What did you just say fool?!" I pinched my forehead in confusion.
   "Let me take you on a journey." His voice depends, moving my heat to pulse rapidly, and my gut to feel heavy.
    "I want to use you, doing things to you that you never knew you wanted to do." I closed my eyes, deepening my breathe while he spoke.
   "Make you feel things through your skin, you won't know where to begin or want it ever to end." The phone went silence for a moment.
    "And when you are alone, your fingers will play pretend, while you replay our play in your mind once again." I could almost see him smile once he was done. I let out a groan, feeling the wetness between my legs.
   "Put it where you want baby. I'll see you soon." 'click'

   My hands trembled, unlocking his front door. I felt like I was breaking into his house, when obviously I wasn't. Once I was inside, I closed and locked the door behind me. Switching in the lights, I took a deep breathe in and out. All I could focus on right now was talking a shower and going to bed.

I feel the water run down my aching body. The warmth of it against my cool skin gave me satisfying goosebumps, letting out a moan. As I continued, last night's events ran through my head, the it wandered to Prince. I finish up, stepping out and drying myself, replaying his words over and over again in my head. I couldn't anticipate anymore until I se him, felt him in my arms. Nobody has ever made me feel this way before, it was a new feeling I wasn't quiet used to yet. A feeling that made me want to run away or stand against the tidal waves.

Crawling into his bed made my worries go away. I felt a automatic sense of comfort, causing me to drift into a deep sleep soon after. That night I intensely dreamt about Prince. Maybe it was because I was in his environment, or maybe it was because I was falling in love.