| 27 | Fran's Party Pt. 1

Today I was meeting up with Fran at the library. I settled my items in our usual spot, now just waiting for her to arrive. Every time we meet I get really bad nerves, I think I'll blame them on that big "what if" my parents show up instead of her, or even behind her while she walks in.

"Oh, Fran you look so different everytime I see you!" I jump up quickly and give her a tight hug.

"Is that a bad thing?" she laughs, pulling back to look at me. I shake my head "no" smiling at her. Prince stands behind with a smile watching us.

"Thank you again, Prince" I give him a tight hug before sitting down with Fran. He nods his head "yes" and sits down with us... which was very unusual. He usually goes to a different part of the library while Fran and I catch up.

"Did you ever get a hold of Ramone?"I asked Fran teasingly. Her face turns red in fluster and Prince giggles, pulling the newspaper up to his face to read.

"No! But I was wondering... that's why Prince is here to help me out, he said he doesn't mind but it's up to you." I look at her questionably, "What could it be now." I shook my head with a smile.

"Yes? What is it?" she squeals before she speaks really fast.

"Well, I was thinking maybe you and Prince could help me host a party when our parents are out of town this weekend!" she catches her breathe before I could even think of an answer.

"I don't want it to get way to out of hand so that's why I'm asking you two to help me out. I promise it won't get out of hand but there's always that what if, especially when everyone going to be there and by everyone I mean everyone." My stomach felt sick, thinking about stepping back into that household. "I wonder if my room is even there." I thought to myself. I shook my negative thoughts off and thought about something positive, something for Fran.

"Then all of us at school will do a poll on whose party is the best, and if you win you'll be crowned "best house party host" ever! It'll be definitely worth it I mean-" Prince snickers as if I could almost see his eye roll following it. Shit, I understood being in a private school but caring as if someone liked me or not? Definitely not me at all but Fran, that's everything to her and as much as I can tell or know she is one of those "popular" kids. This could help her a lot, and she's being smart about wanting us there as "cool older kids" but actually to secretly chaperon; sneaky but I like it.

"Hmmm," I pretend to stroke my invisible beard, taunting her with what will be my next answer.

"B! You're not funny just-"

"Yes, we... well I can do it. Prince do you agree?" he pulls down his newspaper and shakes his head yes.

"Well, so then its a party! Let's start making arrangments." and that, the look she gave me was the happiest look I've seen on her face in a while. That is why I am doing this, for her.

The Day Of The Party

"Oh! Everything has to look right Beau or else I won't be crowned-"

"Best house party host." Prince and I both say rolling our eyes at each other, followed by a smile. We watch her, amused as hell, running around the house and making it as perfect as possible. Prince and I already did our helping out, we basically were being bossed around by a 13-year-old mad boss lady, UGH. I don't mind really, it is kinda fun for all of us, I think.

"Oh my gosh, it's almost time!! I need to go get ready." She runs up the stairs, leaving Prince and me alone on the couch. I look around,

"Everything is still how I remembered it." Standing up, I look at each and every small detail I remember about this room. Prince grabs onto my hand, pulling me back to sit on him before I walked away. I smiled sitting on his lap, placing a kiss on his lips.

   "Let's be honest, I'm so worried my parents are going to walk in any moment and freak out." he comforts me by rubbing my back in slow circles.

   "No need to be, they won't be back until Monday morning." I nod my head in confirmation whispering.

   "Yeah, you're right. They trust my sister enough to go to school on Monday morning as well as the whole fucking weekend by herself, to only have that kinda trust. But I was the bad child, the one that was always partying as well as getting caught with everything I did that was "inappropriate", for them at least." breaking my stare from the ground, I look at him. He looks at me worried.

   "If you don't want to be here I can-"

   "It's not that- no, but thank you though. It's just so much unfinished business has gone on here as well as my relationship with my parents. It's hard but its time to accept it for what it is instead of staying mad at them and wasting my energy..." I look around the room before getting off his lap and walking away.

   "I need a smoke." I say, opening the front door and walking out of it.