| 33 | Movin'

"You don't have to help me with this you know?" I pick up a box, moving it to the front door.

   "Did you really just say that? I'm your boyfriend, I want to help and of course be the one to hire some folks to come on in and do it for the both of us." I placed the box down and started to laugh in relief. 

   "No why did you do that?" My laugh turns nervously. I've never had people pay for anything for me in my life, and when someone does I feel extremely guilty for some odd reason. 

   "Because... I can. It'll help you out a lot. Trust me, all you gotta do is sit back and relax. The movers will be coming in an hour and soon you and your items will all be out of here." I sit down and he places his hands on my shoulders, rubbing them softly. I only moved once in my life and that was out of my parent's house. It is so stressful to me, but some people it's just like a second hand. I don't quite understand people like that. For example, in my house, rooms, everything is decorated to my taste and when I have to undo everything and redo it in a different place, UGH. But, this is my dream home that I am moving into, hopefully, I won't have to do this again for a very long time, if not ever. Eventually, I'd love to as the owner and see how much it really is, to buy it all of course. You cant rent for the rest of your life, you need to buy sooner or later. 

   The moving was quicker then we both expected. I didn't want to ask any of my friends, well because a lot of my friends have sticky fingers (not a good friend, yeah I know!) and the only other person I truly have is, Prince. He helped me a lot today, I didn't even think of movers but of course, with him being so generous, I had to give them their tip. There was no way he was talking me out of that! That's at least of what I could do.  

We finally got the place to ourselves and it felt nice. 

   "Tell me, baby, how does it feel?" he pulls me close, holding me tightly. I wrap my arms around him and smile taking a big deep breathe in and out.

   "It feels, wonderful." I give him a big kiss before looking back at the mount of boxes everywhere. Great, now here comes the unpacking. 

   "Here you go." I hand him his sandwich, while I slide down the wall and onto the floor next to him as I hold mine. 

   "Best view ever with the best sandwich and girl." I nodded my head in agreement because my mouth was full. He takes a bite and I swallow replying.

   "Yeah I know, I can't agree more with the best girl part." He rolls his eyes at me with a smirk, after he swallows. Finishing up my sandwich, I decided to open up my portable record player and grab a random record from my box. 

   "Smooth jazz, oh yeah I'm feeling that." I place the needle on the record, laying back and enjoying the sounds.

   "Its very relaxing B, but don't yah think we should get these boxes cleared today?" I look at him and noticed he's finished with his sandwich so I quickly stood up with him. 

   "Yeah you're right, thank you for reminding me. It's so hard to overlook the boxes." I said with sarcasm. Shit, you couldn't even walk through my living room like this. He rolled his eyes at me and snickered before I started to go through them.

   Neatly I placed everything where it belonged, so did he. He was actually a great helper decorating some of the things. We just sat the wall decor on the ground where it needed to be hung instead of hanging it right there and then, to save the time of course. It was getting later by the minute and I had a few boxes left over. One box I lifted up, the bottom of it fell out and out came all my memorabilia photos. 

   "Shit! Oh no." I panicked, kneeling the ground as fast as the items hit it. He did the same, helping me collect the photos, which I quickly grabbed from him and put it inside my little memorabilia box. 

   "Thank you thank you." I smiled at him, scrambling them all up to fix in the box. I think he could tell I was feeling a bit sensitive about this box breaking, so he decided to take a box that was labeled "bedroom" to my bedroom. I was thankful for that, shortly after I opened the box, taking the photos into my hand, briskly looking at them and remembering everything about the memory of the photo. Here was one when my dad caught the tiniest fish ever, it was the most hilarious thing my sister, mom, and I saw because were out on the pontoon all day watching for a catch. Here is another one of my sister and I during Halloween, she dressed up as the cowardly lion and I dressed up as the tin man, ha go figures. Crasssssssh! I heard come from my bedroom. It didn't sound like glass or anything so I wasn't too worried. I continue to look through this stupid little, but most sentimental memorabilia box which made me miss my family a lot. I'm still so upset about it all, why would they just throw me out for being something that I am? So many questions run through my mind on a daily basis. I hear Prince's footsteps coming in from the sound the old wooden floors creaked. Here I was, sitting on the floor, being okay and ready to show him something very emotional for me. I was ready to open up about my past, my secrets, everything, and anything.