CHAPTER SIX

I swore that I wouldn't feel sorry for him cause he deserved it, but I felt really bad. At a point, I almost felt like giving him my heart. Even after all he did, deep down, I still loved him because he showed me so much love when I was growing up. He gave me everything I wanted, even things my mom never gave me. He was the only real father I ever had and I didn't want him to die. I got down on my knees with tears my eyes and prayed that God should forgive him.

       Five days later, my step dad called all of us, including our pastor. He said he has done so many terrible things and he wants to confess to us and to God.              
Mom wondered what her husband wanted to say that was so important. When we received a message from Church saying our audience was needed, she was scared because she thought something bad had happened.      

When we got to the church, mom quickly ran to dad's side. She was devastated when she discovered that her husband was blind. She wanted to say something but dad asked her to wait.

"I have wronged all my daughters and I would like them to forgive me" he started and mom looked puzzled. She looked at me and Bella and we looked down, unable to look into her eyes.