CHAPTER TEN

"What the hell are you talking about?" The older woman's voice beamed with rage.

"Mom, all I'm saying is that it wouldn't hurt if you had given us more of your time then."

"I know and I'm sorry. I regret it everyday, I had four daughters and now there's only two left. I lost my life, my job, my husband and even my family and it's my fault, I know that. But do you really have to remind me of that everyday?" Her eyes were teary and pain was obvious in every word she spoke.

"Look at my life mom!. No one wants me, they just have sex with me and dump me." Bella wasn't ready to listen. She raised her voice, making her mom jump a little.

"That's terrible honey but I know you'll find someone someday." She held her hands and tried to calm her down.

"When?!" She freed her hands from her mom and walked away from her. "When will I find him?, when I'm old and about to die?!"

"Bella dear please listen."

"No!, I don't want to listen!." Her mom walked towards her and tried to hug her but she pushed her away, making her burst into tears as she fell to the ground.

"Bella!" A voice called at the doorway. "How could you do that to your own mother?. Yes things might not be going your way now but it doesn't mean it won't get better." She said as she went to help their mother up.

"Yeah, of course you're gonna say that. Your life is perfect, you're married to a rich man and you have kids. What more could you want?"

"Bella, don't give up yet, all is well."

"Don't fucking tell me that, try switching life with me for just one fucking week and see if you still fell the same way." She yelled at her little sister.

"Bella, don't give up hope, I know things seem bad now but I'm sure that with time it---"

"No!. I don't want to hear it!. You gave no idea what it's like to live like me. I don't eben know why I'm being punished this much, I mean you were the one who practically turned into a sex doll to all men for little changes."

Davina slapped her sister hard across the cheek" don't forget that the reason your alive today is because of that little change."

"Yeah well maybe it would've been better if you had just let me die." Bella said and walked out.

"Mom, it's okay. I don't blame you for what happened" Davina said, still hurt by her sister's remark.

"But she's right, its my fault. I ruined my family with my own hands." Her mother broke down in tears and it broke Davina's heart.

"Mom, come stay with me and the boys."

"Oh no, I wouldn't want to inconvenient you and your husband."

"You won't. Adrian's going on a business trip so its just going to be me and the boys."

"I just--" her mother tried to come up with an excuse but Davina wasn't ready to listen.

"No excuses mom, I miss you and the boys miss their grandma."

"Oh all right then."

"Yay!. I'll help you pack your things."

"What now?!" Her mother asked looking surprised.

"Of course. What are we waiting for?."

She helped her mom pack a few things and they left the house together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what you're telling me is that you insulted your mom and your sister four days ago and you've constantly ignored her calls and messages since then?"

"Yes."

"When did you turn into this?."

"Into what?.

" This heartless loner."

"What?!, you're my therapist, you should be on my side!."

"No. My job as your therapist and your friend isn't to support you when you're wrong, its to counsel you whenever you need it."

"It doesn't seem like you're counseling me at all. It just feels like you're taking sides with them."

"By 'them, you mean your family."

"Whatever."

"Bella, don't do this. Don't shut your family out because of what you may be going through now, you'll regret it later."

"Fine, I'll talk to them. There, are you happy now?"

"Don't just talk to them, apologize. Tell them you've realized your mistakes and you're sorry, okay?."

"Okay, okay I'll do it."

"Good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you realize how much of a failure you are?!. Your siblings are doing something great with their lives and you're here, spending all your money on girls and drugs. You're an embarrassment!. A disappointment!. A sorry excuse for a son!."

A man yelled at his son, trying to caution him but the young man didn't look bothered. He just stood in front of his father, looking like he wasn't talking to him.

"You're not going to say anything?!, all I've been saying since has no reply?!".

"Stop yelling old man, you might get an heart attack." He simply said and walked out on his father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes?" Davina said blankly as she answered the phone.

"Look, Davina I know you're mad at me, and I get it. I shouldn't have said what I said to you."

"Yeah, and?"

"Come on, I'm sorry. Look, I promise th--"

"That what?, you'll be a better sister?. Look Bella I'm not in the mood for your drama right now."

"Davina, try to understand --" Bella tried to speak but Davina wasn't ready to listen.

"Understand what?. That you've been acting like a jerk because you haven't found a man to marry you?, or that you can't have a child and it hurts." The words were flying out of her mouth and she couldn't them. Heck, she didn't want to. She was tired of Bella's drama.

"Yes. Is that so much to ask?, is it so terrible for me to want my sister to feel my pain and understand what I'm going through?" Bella was starting to sound angry so Davina lowered her voice and tried to make her see reasoning.

"I've tried Bella, I've tried so hard for you to let me in. For you to open up to me and let me help you, but all my efforts are useless."

"I've realized that now, and I want to make amends but it seems like you're not interested anymore so I'm never going to bother you again."

"No Bella that's not what I meant. Its just--" her explanation was cut short because vella hung up on her. It wasn't the first time she'd be doing that so Davina didn't let it bother her.