CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"What?!" Bella hoped she heard him wrong but the cold look in his eyes made her feel contrary.

"You heard me."

"But...but you can't be serious."

"As serious as a car accident."

"So, so what am I supposed to do?"

"Why the fuck should I care?" He replied nonchalantly as he munched on a bag of chips.

"Neil, why are you sounding like this?"

"Like what? I sound like an idiot?"

"No, that's not what I meant. I just–"

"Would you just shut up? Why are you making this take longer than it should? Is this the first time you'd be getting dumped?

I mean by now you should be used to it."

"But...but..."

"Will you quit stuttering like an imbecile?! You're pissing me off."

"You promised me we would be together forever."

"And you believed me? You're more stupid than I thought. I told you I loved you and you actually believed me." He said, laughing like he had just made a funny comment.

"I said I was going to make you my bride, and you thought I was actually being serious?

First, do I look like a man that is ready to get married anytime soon? And besides, if I was really going to get married, what makes you think that I would go for an empty barrel like you."

Bella's eyes widened in horror as he said that. Empty barrel. The awful, heart breaking nickname she had gotten from her previous exes.

From behind her, she noticed her front door open and a slender lady walked in. "Neil, baby. I got your text. You ready to go now?"

"Who is this?" Neil didn't answer her question, instead he got up and hugged the strange girl. "Neil?"

"You got the car ready?"

"Hmm hm." She nodded and he kissed her.

"That's my girl."

"Neil, what's going on here?"

"Should I tell her, or will you?"

"Ooh let me, baby." She released herself from his hold and turned to Bella. "Well, my name is Mia and I'm Neil's baby.

He told me about you, and I came up with a smart plan. You see, my baby was having some issues with his accommodation, and well some financial stuff as well. I would have just asked him to move in with me but that was impossible because I live with my annoying mother.

So.... That's where you came in. I saw that you were desperate for a man in your life so I told my baby to use that opportunity.

Are you understanding what I'm saying?"

Tears were streaming down her face but Neil and his girlfriend looked unmoved. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. All this time she felt she had found her missing rib...her Mr right, she didn't know she was just caught in a plot by the callous couple.

"Baby, is she deaf? She's not answering."

"She's not deaf baby, she's just dumb. Anyway Bella, to cut the long story short. All the money we took from your dumb little sister, my baby and I used it to secure ourselves a ticket out of this town. You know what the means?...we'll never see each other again.

Have a nice life. Oh, and by the way...don't bother looking for your laptop cause...I sold it.

Later."

Bella watched heart broken as the man she loved exited her living room and her life at the same time. Many times, she had imagined her future with Neil. She would picture them living together, enjoying each other's company.

They even talked about the number of kids they would adopt...not knowing that it was all a lie.

After they left, she fell to her knees, feeling alone in the world. Her heart was shattered and it felt like her whole world had crumbled right before her eyes.

'What was the point?' She thought.

Why bother trying when it was obvious that no one would ever accept her.

Instead of living such an empty life, Bella decided that she would rather die.

Death was better than her life.