CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"What?" Amber frowned as Bella showed up at her office again.

"He left." She said simply, a depressed look on her face.

"Neil?"

"He was just using me all this while. I can't believe this."

"Come here." She pulled her in for a hug. "It's going to be okay honey."

"How? I'm all alone again. How is it going to be alright?"

"You're not alone. You have me, and you have Davina."

"She's never going to want to see me again, not after the way I acted."

"That's not true Bella, your sister loves you and I'm sure she'll forgive you if you apologize."

"Will you help me talk to her?"

"Why? Because you're actually sorry or because you don't want to be alone?"

"Isn't it the same thing?"

"No. Until you actually learn to see the errors of your ways Bella, there's no one that can help you. Can't you see that?"

"But-"

"Just do what I say and you'll be okay."

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella had been trying to reach Davina for the last three days but she refused to answer her calls, though Bella couldn't blame her.

After trying her number a couple of times, she decided to go to their house and speak to her in person.

"What are you doing here?" Adrian was the one who answered the door and he did not look happy to see her.

"Heyy in law, how's it going?" She smiled awkwardly at his frowning face.

"How's it going? Are you serious?"

"Look, I know I acted like a jerk-"

"I'm sorry Bella, but I'm not interested in hearing your redemption speech. Just tell me what you want."

"Okay. I want to see my sister."

"Not sure I follow." He crossed his arms.

"My sister, the one that lives with you?"

"Nope. Still don't know who you're talking about."

"What?" Was he toying with her?! Well she wasn't finding his joke funny at all. "I want to see Davina!"

"Oh you want to see my wife." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"Yes."

"She's not home now, come back later." He tried to shut the door but she put her foot there, a move she regretted almost immediately.

"Ouch!" She cried out as the door came in contact with her foot that was barely protected with the sandals she had on.