CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Davina was discharged from the hospital, the doctor said her blood pressure was high so she had to stay away from things that could make her sad or upset. Adrian insisted that she stayed in the hospital for a couple of days but Davina refused, she had already had enough of drips and bed rest.

Things were back to normal with the couple, Adrian limited the way he traveled and he took time off from work to be with Davina.

For a while, they didn't hear from Bella, he could tell that Davina was still worrying about her stray sister but she didn't say anything about it and he decided not to bring up her issue either.

"Hey Davina,"

"Yeah?"

"What do you say we take the boys out of boarding school?" He asked, earning the undivided attention of his wife.

"Really? I thought you loved that school."

"I do, but I'm sure the boys are missing their mother." From the look on her face, he could tell that she was pleased with his decision, because when he suggested putting the boys into boarding school, she was completely against it.

"And their mother is missing them as well."

"Yeah, I figured it would give you something to be busy with while I'm at work."

"I would really like that."

"I know you would." He hesitated for a moment before adding the next part. "I've been trying to avoid this subject but...what are you going to do about Bella?"

Davina's smile vanished and she dropped the glass of juice she had with her. "I don't know, what do you think I should do?"

"I think you two need a break. As terrible as she has been to you, she's still the only family you have left, and I can't ask you to discard her. But I will ask you to take some time off seeing each other.

Oh, and she's not allowed to visit unless I'm around."

"Adrian,"

"No, don't Adrian me love. I'm doing this for your own good. Lastly, you are not allowed to go to that place where she lives. If you two want to meet, pick a location... Preferably one close to our house, so you're not too stressed on your way back."

"Okay. Okay, I've heard you. I'll be more careful around Bella."

"No, you won't be careful around her. You will avoid her completely until your blood pressure goes back to normal. Is that clear?"

"Yes boss."

"Good girl. It's three already, time to take your drugs."

"Now you're a doctor too?"

"Of course. I'm your everything, remember?"

"Right. How could I forget?" He laughed at her response and she joined in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how is your sister?"

"Davina? How should I know, it's not like I live with her." She replied nonchalantly.

"Haha, that's funny." She expected Bella to laugh and tell her she was just joking around but instead, she just stared blankly at Amber. "Please tell me you're joking."

"Joking about what?" She took an apple from the basket that laid on the table. "Am I supposed to know how she's doing?" She cleaned the fruit on her T shirt before taking a huge bite out of it.

"Bella!"

"What?"

"As your therapist and your friend, I am utterly disappointed in you. How could you do something like that to your sister?"

"Me? What the hell did I do?!"

"Listen to the story you told me, what do you think you were supposed to do afterwards?"

"What?"

"Apologize dammit! What the hell is wrong with you Bella? You act like you don't know what you did wrong but you do...deep down in your heart you know you're wrong but I just don't understand why you refuse to do the right thing."

"Oh come on, Davina was being stingy with money. It wouldn't have cost her anything to give me the money I asked for."

"Bella, it's not too late to redeem yourself. You just have to do the right thing."

"Are you fucking kidding me? Even you're seeing me as the villain now? I don't have anything, all I'm doing is for me to get my life back on track and you want to judge me for that?!"

"Oh shut up Bella. All you ever do is whine about what you don't have, and what you want. Did you ever stop for one second to actually appreciate what you do have?!

News flash sister; life sucks for majority of the population of earth, but you don't see others running around and acting like some kind of heartless criminal because of it.

If everyone acted the way you did and blamed it on their misfortune, what kind of society do you think we would have?!

I get it, you can't have kids and your sister has kids. The guys you met didn't marry you because of that flaw, it sucks. Trust me, I know. But your misfortune doesn't give you the right to be a bitch."

"I—"

"I don't want to hear it. Leave my office Bella."