"Hello?"

"Savannah." The familiar voice greets. Why the hell is Brett's Mom ringing me? What kind of game is this?

"Mrs Winters?"

"Olivia, dear!" She corrects, laughing, "I was wondering if you are free to meet for a quick chat." What? Why? My heart starts beating erratically, nerves building up in my stomach. This is a bad idea, there is absolutely no way I should ever agree...

"Umm... yeah, sure." I babble quickly. What? Why did I...? Oh right, because I'm too scared to say no.

"I'm at the penthouse." She exclaims.

"I'll be there in half hour." I reply before hanging up. Just great.

"Who was that?" Elena asks, eyes wide.

"Brett's Mom."

"What does she want?"

"No idea. Raincheck?"

"I'll see you later." She grins and I nod, turning away and starting off down the road towards the expensive side of town. Subconsciously I take a bite out of my ice cream, grimacing as the pain shoots through my teeth.

Urgh, damn rich people distracting me with their games!

*~*~*

"Here you go!" One of the maids hands me a cup of coffee and I thank her before placing it down on the table in front of me. Olivia sits directly opposite, her eyes pinned on me as I shuffle uncomfortably under her gaze.

"Thank you for coming." She smiles.

"That's okay." I reply, "Thank you for inviting me."

"I have something to discuss with you Savannah." She continues, sighing slightly.

"Okay?" I reply, my nerves and curiosity battling each other.

"I know I haven't been the best Mother." She starts and I immediately suck in a breath, wondering where this is headed. "But I'm trying to change." She continues. I have no idea what she wants me to say, what she expects me to reply with. I know she's trying, even Brett has admitted that she's around more than she used to be. "Alice will be going to New York to attend an all girls school starting from next month." Olivia announces, "She wants Brett to visit as much as possible." That's understandable, his little sister is the sweetest person I've ever met. "And his Dad wants him more involved in the business."

"Brett is still in college." I point out the obvious, wringing my hands together.

"I know that." Olivia nods, "But he could consider part-time studying." She suggests and I feel my eyes widen. "So he's able to spend more time with his family."

"I..." I trail off, shaking my head. "Why now?" I blurt out, unable to control myself. What is she doing here - asking me my opinion, or telling me?

"I've made a lot of mistakes Savannah." Olivia grimaces, "I don't want to lose my son." She comments, her eyes full of regret.

"It might be too late for that." I can't help the retort that falls from my mouth.

"I just want you to consider the benefits for Brett." She says, "You know he's always wanted a cohesive family." She smiles, "I'm trying to give him that."

"Why don't you attend one of his football games?" I reply, crossing my arms. "That would be a start." I scoff, "He loves football."

"I know he does."

"If he does what you say then he'll have to give up football." I point out.

"Absolutely not." She shakes her head. "I'd make sure he's back here two days a week at least, able to train and play in the games." She assures and I shake my head slightly. How accommodating of her.