Let the grilling begin.

*~*~*

Standing outside my dorm room the next day, summer dress on, converse on my feet I impatiently wait for my date to turn up, preferably on time.

Elena had insisted that we carefully choose the outfit that I am wearing, taking two hours to decide with Polly that a summer dress was definitely the right choice. I'd insisted on keeping my comfy shoes and managed to convince them that because I didn't know where we were going, and Brett has a history of taking me to woodlands and waterfalls, that flats really were the best choice. Thank God.

I glance down at my phone to see that I am still a minute early, having been desperate to get away from Elena's constant excitement. There's absolutely no chance that I'm here early because I'm excited to go on this date. I just wanted to get away from Elena.

Suddenly a sleek black sports car enters my vision and my mouth drops open at the familiar vehicle sliding down the road towards me. How does he still have it?

Pulling to a stop beside me I shake my head in disbelief before grabbing hold of the door handle and yanking it open to see his grinning face.

"Where are we going?" I ask instantly before sliding down onto the leather seats. I'm immediately thrown back to when I worked at Aphrodite's Palace and he took me to work that first time, but somehow, today, that thought doesn't give me dread, in fact I feel good. If he didn't drive me to work that day, would we be sat here right now? Probably not.

"You'll see." He grins before accelerating away. I grip onto the side of the seats instantly, having forgotten how fast he drives. I notice him immediately ease of the gas, slowing slightly.

"I can't believe you still have this car." I exclaim, running my hands along the door and he shrugs.

"It's seen better days."

"I love it." I grin and he smiles.

"It's a good thing I kept it then isn't it?"

"Where are you taking me?" I ask once more, my curious mind desperate to know.

"Trust me." He replies and I nod, sitting back as I smile. I do. I trust him.

He makes a right hand turn towards the outskirts of town and I raise an eyebrow at him, Sensible Savannah's curious mind taking over. We sit in a comfortable silence as I turn the radio on, and I laugh at his facial expression when Taylor Swift starts playing, remembering his dislike for her. I quietly start singing along, and don't miss his amused face as he pulls onto the freeway.

"Don't laugh at me!" I exclaim and he grins.

"Keep singing." He dares and I roll my eyes, turning back to look out the window.

"No." I retort, crossing my arms across my chest as he laughs, stepping on the gas. Watching him drive gives me butterflies, not the nervous kind, but the ones of excitement and anticipation. Somehow, despite all the mistakes, him and I are together right now. And it's perfect.

Fifteen minutes later he pulls off the freeway, pulling down a smaller lane and driving us through a rich looking suburb. I watch as the tall houses pass by and suddenly we are out of the tiny village and heading up a hill. He turns right at the last minute and my mouth drops open, turning to face him with wide eyes.

"An ice cream factory?" I exclaim and he grins.

"They have an all you can eat ice cream buffet." He explains, pulling into their parking lot. "You can make as many strange combinations as you'd like." He grins, turning the car off.