Survival - Insanity - Chapter 12.5

Start from the beginning

"Yes, it is quite impossible," I nodded, unsurely smiling at the Min to break the tension. Yoongi can't return to his ordinary life, not after being exposed to the alphas. 

"Yoongi will put you at risk Sora because you're his weakness. I'm worried," Mr. Min sighed, looking at me sadly. Suddenly, I didn't know what to say, so I speechlessly stared at them.  What the hell do I say? We'll endanger each other.

"I'm going to protect her," Yoongi insisted, darting his parent a stern stare. Why is he so tense?

"The Jeon and Kim are protecting you, I believe?" Mr. Min ignored Yoongi's stare and turned to look at me instead.

"They are-"

"Yet you're always caught up in troubles. Now tell me, are they even trying to protect you?" Mr. Min stared right into my eyes, sending shivers down my spine. Those eyes. No no no! He's not Taehyung! He's not like Taehyung!

"They are protecting me. The elders did their best- I'm the t-trouble maker," I stuttered, glancing down at my hand in guilt. I'm always the trouble maker.

"I see, and you expect to be with Yoongi-"

"APPA! HAJIMA," Yoongi suddenly slammed his fist on the table, startling everyone.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I turn to look at him anxiously as he shakily breathes.

"Yoongi, there's nothing you can do-"

"There's a solution, and I want to propose it," Yoongi cut off his father. His hand slowly curled into a tight fist as he stared furiously at his parents. That energy... just like Taehyung- NO! Sora stop!

"What can you do?" Mr. Min sighed, turning to look at Yoongi dryly. What are they talking about? I'm lost. 

"I'll marry her, so no one can harm her-"

"Marry Sora?" Mrs. Min suddenly let out a screeching laugh, but she abruptly stopped. It took me a moment to comprehend what Yoongi said and it struck me. My cheeks flushed red in shock.

"You're right, if you marry her, she'll be placed under our complete protection, but you still have to finish your study-"

"I don't need to study anymore. I've got everything," Yoongi chuckled while shaking his head, except it didn't feel like Yoongi's nature at all.

"Min Yoongi! Don't be a fool! Your study is important! You can't just inherit everything without proper knowledge of the society!" Mr. Min snapped at Yoongi angrily. I glanced back and forth as they argued with each other.

"Doesn't matter, as long as Sora is breathing- I'll do anything for her. For us. Nothing else matters, and let me make it clear appa- I am willing to cross all the lines for her," Yoongi claimed while glaring at Mr. Min. Yoongi's words made me feel all sorts of emotions. I wanted to hug him, and I wanted to cry, but somehow, I was afraid of the unforeseen consequences.  Why...?  I turned to look at Mr. Min uncomfortably. He was staring dully at his son. The room suddenly grew silent. Oh god... this doesn't feel right.

"Yoongi, don't say that-"

"I'm happy for both of you," Mr. Min smiled and lifted his wine glass.

"What?" Yoongi asked while staring at his father unsurely.

"As long as you're happy, I'm happy. I respect your decision, son," Mr. Min smiled, raising his glass at us. Yoongi and I exchanged nervous glances when my phone started vibrating.

"I'm sorry, excuse me," I quickly got up and left the room. Who the hell is calling me?

"Unknown?" I whispered with my eyes trained on the unknown number.