Chapter 60: Forgive Me, Please

Start from the beginning

Mr. Larkin: Her formal name is Alyssa, Cole.

Colby: Alyssa and I are Ash's legal guardians. We adopted him.

Mr. Larkin once again rolled his eyes. Ash rolled his when he diverted his attention back toward us.

Mr. Larkin: Don't roll your eyes at me, boy.

Ash: I was just doing my impression of you, Mr. Larkin.

Ash said in a sweet, innocent, voice.

Mr. Larkin: Well don't, Legolas.

It was known news that Ash is great at archery. Or was. He hadn't touched his bow since he killed Brennen and broke his arm.

Ash: Excuse me, last time I checked I wasn't an elf.

You and Colby started laughing.

Ash: And is that going on the list of names you call me in class along with Robin Hood, Oliver Queen, Katniss Everdeen, and Hawkeye?

Mr. Larkin looked like he was going to burst a blood vessel.

Mr. Larkin: You three are excused. We won't need to talk about Ash's behavior in class at the moment.

He said angrily. All three of you guys walked out with smiles on your faces. Until, you and Colby started laughing and Ash noticed the chattering.

Ash: Can I please take some medication for the headache?

Jen: No. This is your punishment for drinking, dealing with the hangover headache.

Ash: I'm never touching any type of alcohol again. Even rubbing alcohol.

Jen: That's the point, Ash.

You laughed. He seen Peyton from across the room at her locker.

Ash: Hey, I have to go get something. I'll be right back.

He said, never taking his eyes off of Peyton. He walked up to her and started talking. When she looked up, her eyes were puffy and her cheeks were tear-stained. The look of pain in her eyes made you re-live the worst moment of your life. How much it reminded you of Will. How much pain you went through after that. Even though Peyton and Will we're completely different, that look of pain was the same. It still hurts you, even though it had happened 6 years ago, that moment was always with you.

Colby: What's wrong?

Jen: Nothing. I was just thinking.

Colby: About?

He said, raising an eye brow.

Jen: It's not important.

You heard a locker slam and looked over. Peyton had slammed the locker and was now walking away from Ash.

*Ash's POV*

I seen Peyton from where I was standing with Jen and Colby. I walked over to apologize to her.

Ash: Peyton?

She looked up and the look in her eyes took me by surprise. She looked like a mess. A mess of pain and sadness. I caused this. I caused her to be like this. All I could do is stare.

Peyton: What do you want Ash? I'm not in the mood to talk right now. Or ever.

Ash: I wanted to apologize. I never meant to hurt you.

Peyton: Well you did. Just like every other guy in this school. You. Hurt. Me.

Ash: Peyton, can we please talk about this? How about at Karen's, 9:00 pm?

Peyton: Did you not catch the part about not wanting to talk?

Ash: Please Peyton.

Peyton: Fine. You have thirty minutes once I get there.

She shut her locker. I winced in pain. She looked at me.

Peyton: Nursing a hangover?

I nodded my head and she had opened her locker again.

Ash: Please don't.

I begged. She did. She slammed her locker. I laid against the lockers for a few seconds before walking back to Jen and Colby. I had then realized everyone was staring at us.

Ash: Let's get out of here.

They both nodded in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on, I walked to Karen's, but on the way, I got Peyton a throwing knife. She hates flowers. That was a tip I learned on our first date. I thought about the memory on the way to Karen's Cafe.

We were in the back of an Uber because neither of us could drive and I didn't really want Will to drive us around. We were stopping at Peyton's house first then going to my house. After awhile, we had gotten to her house.

Peyton: Do you want to come in?

Ash: Sure.

I wasn't expecting her to ask that, but I went along with it anyway. I payed the driver and got out of the car. She unlocked her house and walked in. She noticed for the first time I was behind her.

Peyton: What are you doing?

Ash: You asked me to come in, remember?

Peyton: No, I asked if you wanted to. I didn't say that you could.

She leaned over and whispered in my ear.

Peyton: Next time, instead of flowers, try throwing knives. It'll get you a lot farther than the front door.

Ash: Does that mean I scored a second date?

Peyton: We'll see.

She shut the door. I remember the walk home being peaceful. When I got home, Will was excited to know everything because we were always close like that. I told him everything and he was so happy. We were both really happy that I managed to find a date.

When I got to the cafe, my heart dropped. I seen Peyton kissing someone. A guy.

(You really thought I would stop with the cliffhangers? You should know me better than that. 😁😁)

Song:

"I'm losing my self-control
Yeah, you're starting to trickle back in
But I don't wanna fall down the rabbit hole
Cross my heart, I won't do it again. I tell myself, tell myself, tell myself, "Draw the line"
And I do, I do
But once in a while, I trip up, and I cross the line
And I think of you."

Previous Winner: Weirdo_Fangirl394