Chapter 50: Cry It Out

*Colby's POV*

I, again, had another wet dream about Jen. When I woke up I was staring at the ceiling. Ash came in before I could do anything.

Ash: Colby, I have to show you something, come on.

Colby: I'm busy right now.

I said, holding the koala closer to my chest. Ash glared at me.

Colby: What?

Ash: We both know that koala isn't Jen... Don't stick your penis in it Colby.

Colby: Actually, I gave it to her smart ass. Also, I would never do that to a koala. Only Jen.

Ash: Whatever, come on.

Colby: I told you, I'm busy. Go show Peyton or something.

Ash: Peyton went home two days ago. Plus, she's the one who showed me.

I said, putting the koala on top of my chest. Ash just rolled his eyes and walked out. I know Jen would be mad at me. Actually, not mad, disappointed  in me for turning down my own brother to wallow in my own sorrows. A couple minutes later, Ash was back, holding his laptop at his side. 

Ash: Okay, you haven't moved the koala down, there's still hope you haven't gone completely insane.

I just rolled my eyes as he sat down beside me in Jen's bed and opened his laptop to YouTube and typed in the search bar "Welcome To The Centuries". He clicked on the first video. It was a mashup of My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy.

Colby: What the hell is this?

Ash: Just shut up and listen.

I did and the first few words hit me pretty hard and I realized why he showed it to me. the words were "Your memory will carry on." I felt the tears fall down my face. I felt all the memories rushing back. Our first kiss, the hospital, the time we went to Will's house for dinner, when Brennen shot me and how selfless Jen was to save me, the time we had sex and took a bath after. Even more tears came when the Fall Out Boy part came on and I heard "You look so pretty but you're gone so soon." The memories were so overwhelming and reality was crushing me by the second. I hugged Ash as we listened to the song. He cried too, but not nearly as much as I did.

(Song credits to itscolbybrock666 on Instagram. She showed me this awhile ago, but she's really cool and nice and encouraged me to start writing, you should give her a follow and thank her for encouraging me if you like this story. (Yes, I already thanked her.) :))

*Jen's POV*

You felt like you had no breath in your lungs. You couldn't speak.

Mike: Demons are created one of two ways... one, being unfinished dramatic feelings of hate. The other, the kinds of powers one inherits.

Brennen: For you, it's two, unless... of course... you hate Colby.

Jen: Why would I hate Colby?

Brennen: The real question is... why would you love him after everything he's done to you?

Jen: Because love is more than just the surface, it's everything under the shell no one else sees. It's about knowing the person will hurt you, but they'll fix it. They'll make everything better.

Dark clouds formed over the beach as it started to rain. You started to feel eerily faint.

Mike: We should go back to the beach house.

Everyone agreed. As you started walking back you started to see dots in your vision and your head was pounding. You started to fall behind and they noticed.

Mike: You good Jen?

You could barely hear his voice as the sound of your heartbeat drowned out all noises and darkness enveloped your vision and you passed out. You soon learned that every time you used your abilities too much, you passed out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next week and a half passed in a blur. You and Brennen had gotten along pretty well surprisingly. You just hoped it was enough to get out of here. He wasn't the same as when he died. He was much nicer. It was like this Brennen was a time traveler from two years ago, before you were dating or during the happy stages of your relationship with him. He just seemed happier and nicer so, you swallowed your pride from everything he's done to you and been friendly to him. You two weren't really close but you got along. Hopefully, it will be enough for you to be alive again. You would find out by where you woke up tomorrow. If you woke up in your own bed, you're alive, if you woke up somewhere else, you're dead. You walked into the bedroom you had been sleeping in and laid down. You heard a knock on the door.

Jen: Who is it?

Mike: Your older cousin who wants to come and say goodbye.

The thought hadn't even occurred to you that you wouldn't see Mike ever again. But it was nice to see him again.

Jen: Come in.

Mike walked in and sat on the foot of your bed.

Mike: I love you cuz, good luck.

Jen: I love you too Mike.

You couldn't hold open your eyes anymore and drifted off to sleep.

Song:

"I only think in the form of crunching numbers
In hotel rooms, collecting page six lovers
Get me out of my mind
Get you out of those clothes
I'm a liner away
From getting you into the mood
Whoa."

Previous Winner: loveColbyfanfic