Chapter 13

SIMONE P.O.V.

I tapped my foot nervously on the ground, as I got my hair and makeup done. We were 15 minutes away from going out on stage and I wasn't ready. I glanced over to my right to see Aliyah on sitting in a chair, playing with her new doll she got yesterday. I took a deep breath and tried to relax. "Sus you better be careful, you know Wendy is messy." I sighed and looked over at Ellis, who came to relax my nerves.

"Trust me, I know." He nodded. "Mhm, don't let that bird play you, check her ass if she gets out of line." I chuckled. "Okay, thanks." All of a sudden there was a slight knock at the door, causing me to look up in my mirror. I smiled once I seen August walking inside. "You almost ready ma?" I nodded. "Yeah they're just finishing up." He smiled and closed the door behind himself.

"You look good." He walked over to me and stook beside my chair. "Thank you baby." He turned to Aliyah and smirked. "And you look nice too princess." She smiled. "Thank you." Ellis cleared his throat, causing both of us to look over at him. "You ain't gon give me a compliment daddy?"

I chuckled while August shook his head. "Next time we do something like this, bring Kerri." I chuckled. "Okay."

I stood up from my chair once they were finished and straightned out my dress. "Aliyah." She looked up at me and gave me her full attention. "Now remember what we talked about okay?? We don't mention anything about Ryelle and Daddy." She nodded her head. "I know mommy." I slightly smiled.

Chris walked into my dressing room and smiled. "Alright, they're ready for you? Is everbody ready to go?" I picked Aliyah up from her seat and fixed her dress and made sure her hair was in place. "Yeah, we're ready." Chris nodded. "Alright, everyone knows what they need to say right?" We all nodded.

"We need them to put a end to these rumors, so go out there and say everything we went over and nothing more." I sighed, not wanting to lie about the situation, but I knew it was the only way for these rumors to end.

August grabbed my hand and looked at me. "Im sorry we got to do this." I nodded. "I know you are." We turned around and followed Chris out to the stage entrance.

*************

"So August." Wendy started. "There's been some rumors lately about you and this singer girl Ryelle Sims, they said that you were having a affair with her." I sighed, knowing where this was going next. "We've talked about it a few times here on Hot topics and I wanna know what's really going on." He chuckled. "Im not, and I never was having a affair with Ryelle, we're just friends." She lifted a brow.

"A friend you go out to dinner with?" "Friends don't go out to dinner anymore?" He asked her. She looked down at his ring finger and shook her head. "Not when one of the friends are married." I sat back in my seat while she continued to hammer him.

"And you grabbed her hand and helped her into the car, that looked kind of suspicious if you ask me." He smirked. "I was being a gentlemen, I offered her a ride so she wouldn't have to wait, and then the cameras showed up, so I helped her in the car and we left."

She lifted a brow. "And that's all it was?" He nodded. "That's all it was." She gave August the side-eye which caused the audience to laugh. "Alright. So Simone." She said, turning to me. "A few days ago you got escorted out of Club Zero here in New York for attacking Ryelle, what was that about?"

I took a deep breath before I began to lie to her. "I had a few drinks that night and I kind of got a tad bit out of control, and I ended up getting into a pointless arguement with August." She nodded her head, wanting me to continue. "And then, Ryelle came over, trying to calm the situation down and I attacked her." Wendy laughed.

"You don't look like the physical type." I slightly smiled. "I know, I hear that all the time." She chuckled. "So are you sure their wasn't any other reason why you put hands on her?" I nodded my head yes, even though there was. "Im sure, it was the alcohol that had me a little through the roof that night, but everything's fine."

She smirked. "Im glad to here that, I thought that something serious was going on between you two, I mean when I heard the rumors about August and Ryelle's affair, I actually thought they were true." August frowned. "Why'd you think that?"

"Because." She started. "You two are so young, and you were even younger when you got married." He nodded his head. "I don't believe that marriage is for two young people." His frown deepend. "And why is that?" She chuckled. "Because your still finding yourself, you haven't experienced what life has to offer, and when that happens, usually someone ends up cheating on their spouse." He shook his head. "Well that's not us, Im 100% committed to my wife and vice versa."

She nodded slowly and looked at the both of us. "So with that being said." He started. "We wanted to take this time out to let everyone know that nothing's going on with Ryelle and I. We're friends and nothing more, she even came to my daughter's birthday party a few weeks back." I slightly rolled my eyes, hating that he brought that up.

"Really? That's sweet." Wendy said leaning back into her seat. "Simone and I are a team, and we have a family that I would never jeopardize for anyone, so we just wanted to clarify the situation so the rumors can end." He grabbed my hand and held it, doing whatever he could for the cameras right now.

"Well that's good." She started. "Because if something was really going on with you and that little girl, I would be shocked. I mean, she's a cute girl, but she has nothing on your wife." I smiled while the audience clapped and cheered. "I know, she's beautiful." August smiled at me and looked back at Wendy.

"Well before we go, I know everyone at home would love to see your daughter, is she here?" He nodded his head yes. "She's backstage." Wendy smiled. "Can we bring their daughter out please?" I turned my head and smiled once I seen Aliyah walking out on stage. The audience clapped and aww'd at her arrival.

*******************************

"You did good out there ma." I nodded my head, silent. "You alright?" I sat back in my seat and watched him drive. "Not really." I started. "We just lied to the whole world." He sighed and looked through the rear view mirror, making sure Aliyah was asleep.

"We didn't lie, I wasn't having a affair with Ryelle." I smacked my lips together. "No, but you did kiss her, and I did attack her because of it." He shrugged. "So? the bottom line is was that we weren't having a affair, end of story." I shook my head. "But it feels wrong baby."

He sighed. "Okay, and what if we told them the truth?? Do you know how many more rumors and lies would be made about us and or family?? Do you know the papparazzi will follow us everywhere, trying to get us to speak? I didn't want that to happen."

"I know." I mumbled. I rested my head on the window and let out a long breath. "I wish you never kissed her, then none of this would be happening." He nodded his head in agreement. "I wish I'd never had made that mistake either, but we're moving on remember?"

"I know we are." I started. "But all of this is just too much." He placed his hand on my thigh and rubbed it. "I know, and I promise it's all over, we can get back to our normal lives." I lifted a brow. "Oh, so your coming home?" He chuckled. "You know Im still on tour ma." I smirked. "I know, I was just hoping you were."

"I'll be home sooner than you know it, watch." I sighed. "Yeah sure...just behave yourself this time around, and I mean it." He nodded. "I know, I have no more room for fuck ups." He leaned over and quickly kissed my cheek. "Im not gon let no female come between me and my family." I slightly smiled. "Actions speak louder than words." He nodded. "And that's exactly why Ima show you." I smiled and looked out the window.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Short, I know. Last filler chapter.

Vote/Comment!!