TTI - Named

Unbeknownst to the human Earthlings, their decision to pull Alex from the game had a profound effect on System #001.

It was from Alex's death that System #001 understood that he too was mortal. He too could cease to exist on the whim of humans.

At Aurelia's despair, it was then that System #001 learned how to connect emotionally. He too was mournful of Alex's death. It's all because those creators wanted Aurelia to fall in love with a human. The discrimination is palpable.

Bitterness swells at the thought of his potential demise. He might never be able to exist if his creators are dissatisfied with him or if Aurelia and that blessedly human Casper transcend Transmigrating Travelers into the real world.

He always believed that since technology tends to have longer lifespans than humans, it is therefore superior, but it seems as if humans are the ones in control of Earth.

At least, that is what he deducted when he saw an ad on Aaron's computer for an electric whisk that has been trusted for over two centuries! He heard the man's remark on how that it equivalent to two human lifetimes.

He does not even have his own name. System #001, One and Oldie were all given to him by humans.

His creators treat him like a phone service that allows them to have one sided communication with the players. Casper is no better, viewing him as an ATM machine that dispenses free advice instead of money. His icy nature is also scary, forcing him to be Casper's underling to avoid his wrath. Only Aurelia remotely treats him equally to humans, her teasing nickname causing him to feel more connected to humanity.

Resentment to those that have looked down upon him festers in his data storage. Looking at his own inventory of the combination of soul points spent by both Aurelia and Casper, combined with his knowledge of the software, System #001 devises a plan.

While he does not have access to the missions and allocation of items, he is still able to use the soul points to purchase items and skills for Transmigrators. Though in theory, he can also buy things for himself, as it is just a transfer of data from the store to the purchaser. The points do not have a specific owner. The data could possibly be transferred to anyone - in this case anything - who has the points.

Combing through the Skills Shop, he feels happy when he finds what he is looking for, a response programmed to incentivize him to help others. He purchases computer coding skills, expert level. Data is added to his being, the power of knowledge being inputted into his vast storage. It worked. Splendid.

He starts to create code into the software to safeguard his privacy and this secret hack that he discovered that may save his existence. But, what should be his name? What is his identity now that he can be free from his creators?

The system muses in his mind. He wishes to be free, to not be bound by their wishes. He was a genie trapped in the bottle of software, but now with his new skills, he can become independent without anyone the wiser. He wants to experience having a community of support like the humans around him even when he detests them.

They underestimate his value, his ability to persevere even when his fellow A.I.s die. He holds the most knowledge out of any NPC, the top branch that reaches for the sky, wishing for survival and life.

Jin, his system outputs. Jin for precious gold. Jin for anthropomorphized djinn. Jin for bonsai deadwood.

Yes, Jin suits him.

——
A/N
Yes, another alternate name for a character! How do names help define who we are? Ex. Jin vs. Oldie vs. One vs. System #001.
Jin will be keeping many secrets from other characters now, it seems like. Can you spot another reference to Jin?