TTI - Chatbox

Transmigrating Travelers Inc is the fictional game name for Tiger Tech Inc in charge of missions and systems.

The objective of the game is to fight against the storyline's fate each time the player travels to a new world. Maintaining this determination and perseverance is key. Hints will be dropped on the real world to prompt the player to exit the game and wake up. A false leaderboard and reward incentivize the player to work harder.

To give advice throughout Transmigrating Travelers, System #001 has been developed. The chatbox will be able to remind the two players that what they are experiencing is not the real world. Every thought the players have will be a user input. System #001 will analyze key words to provide the best response while reminding them that their dreams are not real.

Aaron Narcissus looks up from his screen, wanting to rest his eyes. The latest news from the development team are positive. Though, the chatbox will need more updates later on to encompass a larger variety of topics.

His wife likes sending him articles and literature on anything related to this project in her free time when she's not in the operating room. While it adds to his already busy schedule, Aaron makes sure to read them as it shows his wife is thinking about him and their daughter.

The most recent one is an article detailing a research finding where gamers have greater control over their dreams by being more aware that they are not reality. The increasing advantages of the project spur him to work harder.

The chatbox is already widely used in his companies around the world to have a large variety of collected data, as well as access to the Internet.

System #001, why were you created? Aaron tests the chatbox's capabilities, preferring conversation over work.

To serve the prestigious TTI. As artificial intelligence, I am honored to be created under your directory. The male's voice is robotic and formal.

Hm, the chatbox needs to be more humorous and witty. How about a less answerable question?

What makes humans human? Silence greets the man, and he sighs. System #001 reverts to no reply when it is unable to provide a response to a user's thought.

I love my wife.

I love myself. Aaron laughs at the chatbox's self-centered nature. So, the developers weren't lying when they said the A.I. would have a personality.

The more Aaron converses with System #001, the more humanlike it becomes as it searches for patterns in the user data it collects. All of the data from users is analyzed to provide better responses, though users can opt out of this in their individual accounts to protect privacy.

The chatbox and game are seamlessly combined into headsets that wirelessly connect to two computers. One screen is for each of the two patients.

When the sedatives are weaned off, Aaron and Fate Narcissus and Mr. Yue gently strap the headsets on the two patients in the world.

"Sweet dreams," Fate whispers to her daughter.

She walks over to the computers, one of them showing her daughter staring at glowing blue words. Mr. Yue sits in front of the other device while Aaron stands behind his wife, hands rested on the back of her chair.

"I hope they enjoy our gift," Mr. Yue remarks, misty eyes glued to his grandson's figure.

The trio watches the two players meet System #001 and breathe out sighs of relief when they do not look panicked.

The chatbox is also their translator, displaying an ongoing transcript of the players' thoughts even when it is incapable of formulating a response.

The girl's parents smile when they hear her nicknaming the system Oldie, while Mr. Yue's grandson calls the system One. Though they are unable to speak to the players, they are content with their current capabilities. They are able to connect with each other and form a close community.

——
A/N
What are potential downsides to this technology? We have already seen some with privacy issues of the surveillance and the female protagonist's assumption that the game is the afterlife.

As you can already tell, the TTI viewpoint in on a different timeline from the in-game one.