2.01 - Take Me to Court

"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." - Chinese proverb

Oldie sends me the memories of the body I am in, and I find out that I am Nuying, Shangdi's youngest daughter and the mythical Emperor Shun's Noble Consort. While I am Ehuang's twin sister, we are not identical in appearance nor nature. Throughout Nuying's life, she was persecuted by Ehuang and the blinded Emperor Shun relentlessly, causing her to take her own life in the Xiang River to join Qu Yuan. She died in the very river that she was the goddess to. No one believed that she was innocent. Her last thought was to finally seek revenge, and now that I am her body's new host, I will help her do so. Don't worry, Nuying, I will fight for you!

Her recollections of their plots horrify me. From tricking her closest friend Qu Yuan into death, to constantly tarnishing her reputation and accusing her of attempting to murder Emperor Shun! The court drama astounds me, and I shiver at now being the scapegoat to the bloodthirsty wolves. Not even Princess Meiyun, Emperor Shun's half-sister, could save her. 

Main Mission: Become the Empress. Reward: 500 points.

Side Mission 1: Save Emperor Shun's life. Reward: 30 points.

Side Mission 2: Become renowned in the four arts. Reward: 20 points. 

Princess Meiyun glides into my bedroom, her flowing robes trailing behind her. I sit up on the finely embroidered cushions supporting my slim back. "My brother wants to see you."

Xiang and Meiyun are the children of Gusuo's concubine, while Emperor Shun is the son of Gusuo's first wife, who was poisoned by his step-mother when he was only a young child. Since then, Emperor Shun is easily distrustful of others, but his modest and filial piety are well-known. I don't know which part of Nuying's life I have transmigrated to. 

"Xiang or Emperor Shun?" I cautiously ask while sending the spy camera to spectate Ehuang for any plots. 

Meiyun giggles before pulling me out of bed, her small feet pattering on the dark polished wood as she moves backwards. My room is decorated in an oriental, traditional style, but it is nowhere near as extravagant as Ehuang's. A Noble Consort is second to an Empress, after all, and she points out this difference in rank as often as possible. As I stare at my hands, I can't help but notice a faint red thread wound around my pinkie. 

Oldie, why do I have this? The original Nuying never had any memories of this.

I have a theory that the priest on your wedding day was, in fact, Yue Lao, and he connected your fate to Michel's. I do not have the clearance to tell you more upon this matter. You can see it now that you are a goddess, and you have other skills too as an immortal in this world. 

Hmph, shouldn't you have more power seeing as you've lived for "eons"?

I decline to answer this question. You should be grateful at being able to witness the presence of TTI's Chairman. Having both the CEO and Chairman interfere in your life only means that you are blessed, despite your low luck.

I don't know whether to feel happy or angry at not having free will. I have two people tied to me by fate. But... if they both remember me and transmigrated into the bodies of other powerful people in this world, then I would have a greater chance of completing my missions with them! Hopefully, we're not on opposing sides. 

You can rise to the Top Ten together and spend eternity together in Transmigrating Travelers without the loss of memory from each reincarnation. 

"It's your husband who is asking for you. He wants your advice in a fishing village dispute."

Energy surrounds me as I change into my court clothes, a rippling yellow silk hanfu embroidered with dragons, an amber bead necklace and a cloak made of magical phoenix feathers, and follow her on a personal floating cloud. Maids and eunuchs bow their heads as we pass.