0.02 - D.S. al Fine

I'm back in the infinite void that I started in. Checking my missions tab, I see that all of them have a glowing blue checkmark next to them, and pride swells within me.

All those decades spent next to Michel were not for naught, but why did I feel pain in the last beat of Kayla Abernathy's heart when I realized that he was no longer among the living? I brush off this signal of grief. Better to not get too attached. It's only a game after all, and chances of meeting another Transmigrator are slim to none.

Achievement Unlocked: Complete all the missions given. Reward: 100 soul points.

Oldie, show me my player stats.

I am not a servant you can just order around. You are the one who was chosen to complete these missions.

Can you please show this Transmigrator's player stats?

Player Profile: Transmigrator #001
Current Name - N/A
Level - 0 (need 1,000 cumulative soul points to level up)
Soul points - 570/570 cumulative soul points

Stats:
Endurance: 32/100
Agility: 10/100
Strength: 20/100
Intelligence: 52/100
Charm: 82/100
Luck: 7/100

Skills: Studying (med), Perceptiveness (high), Piano (expert) and Drama (low)

Because you were able to outwit Nikki Schumann and have two men vying for you, your intelligence, charm, and luck have all increased by two points. Each time you level up, you will be given ten stats points to spend however you like.

Can I buy the spy camera and Flawless Faces package?

They are now in your Inventory. Earthling, you have 170 soul points left to spend.

I check the Skills Shop and see countless of different talents in the catalog: from sword fighting to guqin, from cooking to elemental powers, there is every kind of skill imaginable all will colorful graphics accompanied by a short description. My mind is dizzy from all the information. There's so much to choose from, and each skill has low, medium, high and expert levels that cost 20, 40, 60 and 80 soul points respectively. I calculate that an upgrade from one level to the next only costs 20 soul points. That's not too bad considering the price of items in the System Shop. Now, those are overpriced and downright scams on poor Transmigrators. Hm, what does TTI do with all the soul points it collects?

The soul points are actually fragments of energy. When you become a Transmigrator, you waive all rights to your soul, and the soul points you spend in the two shops are used by TTI to create new souls, universes and as a power source. The missions you accomplish all require your energy, and it is this energy that is transformed into TTI's soul points, but in reality TTI collects a portion of the energy you create when you interact with the mission worlds.

So I'm a power source for them?

It is closer to analogize it with a blood donor. You willingly choose to give up some of the necessary things you need to exist for a greater cause. TTI does not suck you dry as a bloodthirsty vampire, but rather take an energy portion that is not detrimental to your being.

Alright then. No evil higher power for us to fight against. I'll change the subject. What should I buy, Oldie? You're the knowledgeable guide here, so you must have eons of experience. I intentionally flatter him; it's no use having a companion that hates you.

Well, I would recommend the Chinese four arts skill - guqin, the strategy game Go, calligraphy and painting - acting, medicine, and sword fighting. They would be useful in the most common kinds of mission worlds, as the next one will be a half-star for Alex Battaglia, and you are destined to meet him in every world.

How much do those skills cost?

One hundred and sixty soul points if you want to purchase all of them at the medium level.

I almost puke blood. It took a lifetime to earn all those points, and only a few minutes for almost all of it to be spent.

I better not be throwing precious soul points down the drain. Purchase those four skills, all at the medium level.

Data pours into my mind with various images of seeing, learning and practicing these skills. They're quickly absorbed into my brain instead of spending years of my life obtaining them. My brain whirls at the pressure of new information and slowly digests and compartmentalize it. Finally, the throbbing pain dies out, signifying the end of the transfer.

Can I view my player stats again?

As you wish, Earthling. After all, you did refer to me as a genie. I am a benevolent entity graciously bestowing my presence and powers to you at will, incapable of being chained to a mere oil lamp.

Your haughtiness is shameless, Oldie. It must have resulted from all the TTI Time you spent in this game. Though, his usage of "chained" worries me. What is his opinion on being stuck in this game forever? Would I be happy if I had to serve Transmigrators for the rest of my life?

Player Profile: Transmigrator #001
Current Name - N/A
Level - 0 (need 1,000 cumulative soul points to level up)
Soul points - 10/570 cumulative soul points

Stats:
Endurance: 32/100
Agility: 10/100
Strength: 20/100
Intelligence: 52/100
Charm: 82/100
Luck: 7/100

Skills: Studying (med), Perceptiveness (high), Piano (expert), Drama (low), Four Arts (med), acting (med), medicine (med), sword fighting (med)

You are correct. I have been a part of TTI longer than your Earth was created. Let us see the next world you will traverse to.

The familiar screen of electric blue outlines of five stars. Again, it only fills half of a star. It then switches over to the countless mission worlds, finally stopping on a familiar ancient Chinese brush painting that I saw at an art museum in New York City once with my parents.

It is the famous Narcissus painted by Zhao Mengjian. The soft, flowing ink strokes on the yellowed paper create an atmosphere of delicate narcissi dancing in the wind. The flowers are a different species from jonquils, a type of narcissus. The title of the world is Sacred Lily.

Narcissus tazetta, better known as joss flowers or Chinese sacred lily, was my mom's favorite flower. Every Mother's Day and her birthday, my dad and I would have a competition on who would find the prettiest Chinese sacred lily for her. She liked the ones with symmetrical, soft white petals wrapped around a small, dainty yellow circular petal that presented the sweet, fragrant pollen.

The last time I saw my parents was on my mom's birthday, and I remember the happiness everyone in my small family of three felt when I placed the handmade crown of fresh joss flowers on her head. The reminiscence brings warm feelings of nostalgia and joy, but then I remember my new life as a Transmigrator. I let those feelings fade into the void around me and prepare myself for my next world.

Time to get into character.

——
A/N
The next arc is a fictional tale of figures from Chinese mythology that I created based on their original stories. It should not be taken as the actual legends of those characters or representation of ancient Chinese culture. Think of it like Percy Jackson. I apologize for the short chapter, but I didn't know how to expand upon it more, though I have gone back to elaborate chapters >-<