1.01 - Kayla Abernathy

"Thank goodness for fate, for leading me to you." - Life's Melody

I instantly feel a jarring weight in my head from being in a restless slumber and faint connection to the rest of my body where I know I could wake up if I so willed. Behind my eyelids is a gradually fading darkness, so the sun should be up soon.

As I am about to go catch a few hours of sleep before daylight, a flood of information enters my mind. I am in the body of Kayla Abernathy, a rising eighteen-year-old pianist in the modern music world whose YouVideo channel has been steadily increasing in subscribers. Currently, there are about 100k.

It was actually through her channel that the male lead of the story, Michel Rubato, noticed her and signed her in as a music artist in his world-renowned record company. In the original story, it was a one-sided love that Kayla held towards the aloof CEO, and he ended up meeting and marrying Kayla's rival, another famous female pianist named Nikki Schumann. Both of the girls schemed endlessly to win his love, but only Nikki was victorious. Kayla was left heartbroken and remained a bachelorette for the rest of her days while isolating herself from the happily married couple and their three children.

Kayla was a happy, nice girl who was passionate about music. It's a shame that love turned her into a manipulative, obsessive person who depended on a man's attention.

Currently I am attending a prestigious private music college, Allegro Academy, known for producing the best musicians throughout history. Kayla's parents are avid music enthusiasts and were exuberant when Kayla decided to get her Bachelor's in Music Performance.

Kayla comes from a well-off family, but she still worked hard to secure a full scholarship to the academy. She wanted to be independent and make her parents proud, much like herself when she went off to college.

Oldie, why is the story a catfighting drama that ends in tragedy for myself?

It must be due to your bad luck, Earthling, or you would have been transmigrated as the female lead instead. Just try to not act out of character or people will be suspicious. Some stories have NPC's that have been transmigrated or reincarnated, but they are not Transmigrators. However, they are more dangerous since they will be more likely to want to eliminate you. Don't worry, you can still achieve your missions.

Right on cue, a ding sounded in my mind and an icon of a glowing blue paper scroll appeared. I mentally tapped on the symbol, and three missions pop up in my vision.

Main Mission: Have Michel Rubato stay in love with you until he dies. Reward: 300 soul points.

Side Mission 1: Receive 'The Best Female Instrumentalist' award. Reward: 50 soul points.

Side Mission 2: Ruin Nikki Schumann's reputation. Reward: 100 soul points.

Oldie, how am I supposed to level up if these only give me 450 soul points, hm?

New missions can pop up randomly as guiding tasks to achieve the main mission or to set you back. There are also mystery achievements that the Transmigrating Travelers game itself has that contain their own special rewards. TTI also gives a bonus 100 soul points if you are able to complete ALL the missions they assign during your life in a world. The key word there is "if," Earthling. Each world takes a month in TTI Time to complete, so you are able to travel to about 12 different worlds in a ranked season.

Thank you for the information, o wise one. Can I be killed?

Yes, your body is not eternal, o mortal one. You are capable of being injured and can experience pain and pregnancy. Some of the fantasy worlds are different as you might not be human there, but this world is a replica of the modern world you are used to.