Après Moi, Le Déluge

Start from the beginning

•~•~•

Elijah brought Sophie to one of the rooms in the compound. "So you have stolen the remains of the very person that Davina's been drawing for months. Would you care to explain this starting coincidence?" He asks at the desk. Rebekah sits on the couch, Klaus sits on a stool next to a table, which Y/n is sitting on. "I can't. I didn't even know who Celeste Dubois was until I—" Sophie was cut off as Davina screams. Klaus drinks, while Y/n holds the table's edges as Sophie gasps. Glass shatters as Elijah looks at Sophie while Rebekah looks away annoyed. The skating stops. "Was that Davina?" Klaus puts his drink in Y/n's hand. "Charming little habit she's developed." "And the earthquake I felt today?" "Also, Davina and she's taken to vomiting dirt." Rebekah informs the witch."Oh, we have a huge problem. I thought we had more time, but we need to complete the harvest now." "Said the desperate witch conveniently." Klaus said smugly. "I'm serious. That earthquake you just felt— a preview of the disaster movie that is about to hit us." "Why should we believe you?" Elijah questions putting a clenched hand under his chin. "You've met Davina, you know her story. For months now, she's been holding the power of the 3 girls sacrificed in the harvest ritual. A force that was meant to flow through her and back into the earth. One person was never meant to hold that much power. It's tearing her apart, and it will take us down with it."

•~•~•

Sophie explains the stages of what's gonna happen before getting to the last to Marcel, Y/n, and Elijah.  "The last stage is fire, and since it's the last it will be by far the worst." Elijah speaks. "You've convinced my siblings.You have yet to convince us." "We don't have time to waste. The first sign's already come and gone." "So fix her." Marcel says. Sophie turns to him. "She can't be fixed. She can't be saved. This will not stop at the earth sign, and if you wait it out, you immortals will be the only ones left to argue about it." The winds opens the windows rafters opening and closing them. The wind stops letting them know Davina has been sedated.

•~•~•

Marcel and Y/n walk into Davina's room where Rebekah and two night walkers are. They look at the sedated girl. They hear Elijah say. "We've sedated her too heavily." Klaus responds. "Well, if this is her sedated, I'd hate to see her otherwise. We all agree that Davina must be sacrificed. There's no need to blow the roof off our heads in the meantime." Marcel gets angry and walks out. "No way!" Y/n sighs before walking out, to see Marcel jump over the railing as she walks to the stairs. "You're not touching her!" He punches Klaus. "Okay. I'll let you have that one." Y/n walks to the guys and sits down on one of the chairs. Elijah puts a hand on Marcel's chest stopping him from going further. "Marcel, no one wishes to see Davina come to harm less than I, but there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out. She's going to die." He slaps his hand away. "According to Sophie, the witch who screwed over everybody here." "The Harvest was working before it was stopped. Is a nonbeliever like Sophie Deveraux can come to have faith that these girls will be resurrected, then I, also am a believer." "We saved Davina from the Harvest, and now you want us to just hand her over?"

"Do you think that I'm happy about this? If the witches complete the Harvest, not only do they regain their power. We lose our weapon against them. The earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence, but these winds? If Davina is not sacrificed, then every inch of earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire." "Oh, now you care about the city." "We ought to. We built it." Elijah said, Klaus continues. "and we all saw it burnt to the ground twice. I will not let that happen again. Do I make myself clear?" "Yeah, yeah." Marcel walks away while Y/n sighs. "Not a people person, are you Niklaus?" "Nonsense, I love people." Elijah and Y/n chuckle. "Just on my way to warn a couple of prominent ones Incase the weather gets out of hand. If you fancy yourself as plus diplomatique, perhaps you'd like to come along." "No, soon Sophie Deveraux shall be consecrating Celeste's remains, and though her actions are reprehensible, still I should pay my respects." Hayley walked into the courtyard and found, Elijah, Klaus and Y/n. "Hey do you have a minute?" "Just on my way out." All three know he is angry. She sees Klaus look at her before addressing his brother while Y/n gives her a sympathetic smile. "Which one of us is the people person again!"