39. Life is a highway

((Hi... so we are almost at the end of the story... there's only one chapter left... and I wrote that also... Spent my entire Sunday to write the two chapters.... Read this... I 'll ready my vote of thanks for the next chapter!! and the topic was taken from one of my fav songs by flatt rascals))

Song for this chapter (Listen to it when you reach the last part)

        I was there - Beyonce 

Ruth’s clock is ticking. She won't be able to discover the world as she planned. Her vast knowledge on photography, it will die with her.

She had to spend few days at the hospital and finally came home. Her mom determined to be strong for her daughter. She cannot believe what's happening in her life. First it was her husband. But then she made up her mind watching her daughter growing beautifully. She never even thought of seeing her daughter like this. Life is a real mess.

For a change Ruth went to her office to meet her colleagues and had a lovely time there. She was talking with her friends when she was clicked with a wonderful thought. This idea made her feel overwhelmed. She walked to Zoe’s office and told her idea. After listening to Ruth, Zoe jumped up with happiness. They both went to meet the director and waited outside till they were called. Both of them were really excited to tell him their idea. Finally, the moment came.

‘Oh… Ruth. And this must be Zoe Williams.’ The director was a well build man with a strong personality. Ruth met him once only. He’s wearing his expensive blue color blazer on top of a white shirt and a matching red tie.

He gestured them to sit.

‘So… My secretary told me, you have a great idea with you?’ While sitting straight in his huge chair he looked at Ruth.

‘Sir, I think you’re well aware of my situation.’ Ruth had informed few of the heads about her condition and she’s sure the director knows it too.

‘Ruth… I was stunned when I heard about it. You are one of our best.’ Though he holds this massive ego, he has a kind heart. People who met him and associates him know who he really is. But when it comes to office workers they are scared of him and never talks behind his back.

‘Thank you sir.’ She smiles and continued, ‘I thought, before things become worse, it’s better to share my knowledge with people who loves this job. So what I have learnt throughout these years won’t go into waste.’ Zoe looked at Ruth to see whether she’s okey and what she found made her heart sank with tears. Ruth’s so passionate about sharing her knowledge with others. She truly wants this to go on.

‘Most of the professional’s don’t do these stuff, you know Ruth. But the whole UK branch knows you think differently. You are a rebel.’ And the director starts laughing. It’s true. She is different. When she wants to do something she does it without any second thoughts. And she has won the hearts of each and every one, so no one can resist her.

‘So Ruth… tell me what your plan is.’ The director wanted to hear her plan and see whether he can approve it.

‘I thought of conducting a conference and a workshop for amatures around the world.’ The director’s eyes got wide and became more focused on the talk.

‘I would like to teach all the things I know and thought of inviting famous photographers for the workshop. It will be a good opportunity for the students who dream to become a successful photographer. It was my dream once. And you made it come true. Now it’s my chance to grant that wish for someone who’s really talented.’ It was like a speech. But all what she said was true. Zoe looked at the director to see if he’s okey with the idea. But his face is blank. He got up from his chair and walked to the other end of his office while staring at the endless sight of the London city.