8. Missing

Harry's POV

I drove straight to the antique shop and surprised to see the camera is nicely repaired. The old man gave me a film roll and a piece of old paper which he said was inside it. I didn't have time to read what's in it but it's private so it's not nice to read other people's stuff.

It's an hour drive for her place. I don't like that place or the area, but if she's courageous to live in a place like that why should I be afraid? My radio is working but my mind is busy thinking about her. I' m having these mixed feelings. I'm so excited to see her but in the other hand I felt scared. I was thinking all the possible ways of her greeting me when she sees me. Will she welcome me with her beautiful smile? What if she starts shouting at me? What if...

I'm finally here. I parked my vehicle and walked to the flat where Ruth is living. I don't know which room is hers so had to ask from someone. There was this guy in his late thirties reading a newspaper.

"May I know which room belongs to Miss Ruth..." And there I lost my words. I don't know her last name.

"Merci" the old guy said smiling. That is for thank you in English! Did I say something that makes him say thank you? Now that's great. He clearly doesn't have an idea about what I'm saying. Let's try again.

"Armm... Ruth..... fille?"

"OHHHH....." he said while making his mouth like a pout. "Oui" and raised his right hand and pointed to a dark brown door in the second floor.

It was a dirty stair case. I never thought I had to do something like this. walk in a polluted area.

On my left hand was her camera. And in the other, I was holding a bunch of white roses. I'm not sure whether she likes red or white or some other flower. The lady at the flower shop picked me yellow roses but my eyes caught these beautiful white roses. I made my way to the door step but my heart is beating really fast. Tried to knock on the door for two times but only the third contacted with the door. I heard a sound of unlocking the door. Oh...she's here...I want to run...

"Hey handsome, those are beautiful."

I heard these words from the next door step. That's not Ruth's voice. Or is it? Did I knock on the wrong door?

"Oh... what's wrong? are you  lost?"

A tall girl came near me with flirty eyes and kissed my right shoulder. I jumped back and she started laughing.

"I'm sorry. But who are you? I felt disgusting when I saw her actions. Don't take this wrong, girls are lovely. I love them a lot. Almost all the fans of ours are girls but this particular creature gave me a fit. Her lips were dark and the upper lip was pierced. Dark wrinkles around her eyes made me realize that she's a juncky. She's wearing a black emo skinny t-shirt and a short. I hate when girls smoke and here is one.

"I'm this freaky girl's neighbor." She said while knocking on the door slightly.

Freaky girl? Ruth is not freaky but you are.

"Where's Ruth?" I asked her and her face went darker and said "How can I know, she's freakingly poor and when I asked her to join my club she freakingly ignored. She couldn't find a job and was walking around. But yesterday some guy told me she got a job in town. Hopeless gal... she doesn't know what she is doing... had a camera and told me she's gonna rock the photography field. Who cares man, she lost her camera and I saw her crying two days ago and now she's gone." And she went on. "I hope she's not dead at least. Could have worked with me ..you know.." she smirked and winked at me after ending her long speech.

"DEAD.... What do you mean dead? Now you said she found a job?" I felt my anger taking me out of control because of this mad girl's words. Thank god, she got the feeling that I'm not in the mood so she said "hey... I'm just reasoning things out here. That guy who gave me the information, he always gives false alarms. That's why I told you something like that. By the way I didn't know she has a boyfriend but sweetie trust me, I'm way better than that poor ass"

I'm not gonna stay here any longer or I'm pretty sure I'll become a murderer. I looked at her sternly and said "listen to me miss... I don't know who you really are. I'm not her boyfriend, at least not for now. But I'm gonna protect her and you do not have the authority to call her 'poor ass'. She might be poor but she's lot more than that, go front of a mirror and see how poor YOU ARE!!!!"

I was shaking because of my anger. I pushed her away and walked fast to my vehicle. I saw from the mirror that the ruddy girl showing her middle finger to me as I drove the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't notice the time. My mind is empty. My body isn't functioning properly. What did I do.... I felt so bad. "I hope she's not dead at least." what does that mean? Ruth can't be dead. That girl said she's got a job. But then...DEAD?! My head is hurting like hell. I know it's going to explode in no time. Hopefully, the restaurant I'm in knows me. I'm a regular customer so the staff won't bother me and no fans are coming to meet me. Otherwise I'll be ripping off their throats like a beast.

I must find Ruth. Have to know what actually happened to her. She can't be dead. She is strong. If she was weak, she won't come to Paris alone and bare the loss of her father like that. I had 6 more days left. Can't cancel the concert but, no matter what barrier comes to me, I'm gonna find her and I will. No one can stop me from getting her back.

(Even your blood pressure got high isn't it....hahaha... mine is still high..) the story is just warming up....