30. Out of my mind

(Zoe's POV)

'Ruth, Ruth.......!!'

She’s clearly out of her mind. We returned back to England few hours ago and straight away we came to Ruth' s apartment. All the way in the flight she didn't talk to me. I tried to cheer her up but it went in vain. She just nodded for my questions. So I gave up and let her be in her world. I feel sorry for her. Harry and Ruth never had a fight before. They were the perfect couple. Luke and I have these normal fights for silly things but we never let it be so serious. This is different. Gemma said what happened between them and that Harry didn't return home that night. Hiding something like this is wrong but both of them were overreacting. 

I made a coffee for us but she barely touched hers. She looked around at her old home, went to the balcony and sat on the swing. I let her stay there and went to keep her luggage in her room. I have already packed mine at home before going to LA. So I can help her pack for our long trip. Though we came home we didn't get any time to relax because John called and asking us to come to the office.

Ruth drove us to the office. I was worried about it but she insisted so I let her. She talked to John and suddenly became a busy bee. I never saw her working this hard before. She forgot her worries and changed into the typical working woman. But less talking.

Few hours later we are all set to go home. Our flight is at 5.15pm so we had time for packing. I had to run some errands at office and went to see Ruth in her cabin. But she wasn't there. I called her but the phone is offed. I looked everywhere and finally stepped out. There she is!  Sitting under a tree near the cafe. I walked to her but she's not in this world. She has wondered off to elsewhere far away.

'Ruth...!!!'

I shook her by her shoulder and then only she returned back to earth.

'For god sake can you stop being like that? you're making me worried..' I finally said becaue I cant stand like this anymore. She was filled with spirit and now she’s nothing but a scare crow.

‘Sorry.’ That’s all she said.

‘I’m sorry too. Shall we go now?’

She looked at me and then gathered her things and stood up. But suddenly she collapsed.

‘OMG Ruth! Speak to me!’ I don’t know what to do but hopefully she fell back to the chair and she’s safe.

‘Can I have a glass of water?’ Her voice is barely audible.  I quickly ran to the cafeteria, grabbed a water bottle and asked the waiter to bring some food.

‘I’m not hungry Zoe.’ She said.

‘These things happens Ruth. But it’ll go away before you know it. Don’t lose your appetite. We have a big journey ahead.’ I tried my best to convince her.

‘Whatever happened between you two, Harry doesn’t want you to live like this. He will come to his senses and come back for you.’

She’s not looking at me but I know she’s listening.

Hours went by and we are ready to go to the airport. I asked Ruth to have a nap because she’s so weak. I arranged all the necessary luggage for her and on our way back to the apartment I brought mine as well.

‘Zoe?’ I looked back. She’s finally ready. She’s wearing a long maxi, no make-up, no accessories nothing. Not even a wrist watch. Her simplicity made her look more beautiful. But in her perspective it’s not what she wanted. She doesn’t care about anything anymore.

‘Armm…. I thought after all this, going back to my country.’

‘WHAT?!’ What is she talking about?