18. Meeting

Ruth was at her office where she was working as a photographer. For last two months she was in Peru with her two buddies covering the ancient history and myths there. Ruth had a very nice time listening to those stories at the same time capturing the beautiful places. Here and there she took some photos for her private collection but she was dedicated to her work all the time.

Now she’s back and this is a vacation time for her because till the boys get to edit the story, she doesn’t have to work. But here she is at the London office, participating for an urgent meeting.

'The HQ asked for an article about slums in India and they want our best reporters to be in this mission.' That was the event manager.

'But, the Indian reporters can do their job. Right sir?' One of the writers questioned him as nobody is willing to go to India.

'They want this article in a different perspective. Indian reporters might become so bias on this area and the HQ doesn’t want that. '

All the reporters and the photographers are now sitting around the conference table but look awful. They clearly don’t want to go.

'I can see your faces right now but we have to pass this assignment to keep our levels high. Do you understand?' and all the people nods at him. Clearly no one wants to lose their jobs.

'Hey, this is like an owl conference.' Ruth slide to her left and cracked a small joke to her friend and they laughed.

'Miss.Stones. I see you are eager to deal this story with your buddies isn't it?'

For few more seconds she was shocked and realized that they are the ones who’s going to get deal with this.

Both their previous stories and the photos became more a success and popular among the NG society and that’s why she got that kind of a feeling.

'You three are going to handle this article and I hope you’re going to do this excellently as you did previously.'

The meeting adjourned and all the people came and congratulated them and at the same time sympathized for what just happened.

Ruth has to leave the country in 3 weeks and that’s what brought her pain. She was born in an Asian country, the neighboring country of India and this is like returning home. She’s used to slums and these areas because she grew up while seen them. But the matter is that her boyfriend is coming to see her in 2 hours and they have already planned the whole month to spend together. However she has to leave now. There’s nothing she can do, but spend every minute with Harry.

She had a small chat with her friends about the trip but excused to go home as Harrys coming to see her after a long time. Their first real meeting after they became lovers. So she got into her Rover and drove straight to the apartment where she lives. She got a txt as soon as she locked behide the front door. It’s Harry. 'Just landed. Paps are here so getting a little late. soo excited to see my rose. :-* '

Ruth was so happy to see that she’s finally getting messages from him. She didn’t say much but sent the same emo which Harry sent to her. Harry said he’s going to come straight to see her because he doesn’t have the patience to go home, change and come back. So he’s going to get separated from the guys after they landed and take a taxi.

Her house is really clean and neat so there's nothing to arrange. But she bought some snacks on her way back home because the fridge is almost empty. Ruth herself is a big ice cream lover and drink loads of different stuff. But she can’t offer Harry only drinks and ice cream.

She had a shower and tucked into a loose Tee and a pair of cotton shorts. Then she came to the living room and put down the window shutters to make the room darker so she can watch tv till he comes. She lie down on the white sofa in front of the huge plasma TV and watched some random stuff. It was too comfortable to her and she liked it very much.