I fought restlessly against him, but it was no use. I needed to buy Wanda more time. "You can't do this-" I managed to choke out.

"I wanted so much to trust you, daughter, but I was right not too." He sighed.

I glared at him, grasping tightly to his hand around my neck. "It's a shame." He shook his head. "For your betrayal...."

His other hand dove under his arm choking me. I could feel an extreme amount of energy gathering, then he punched my stomach. The force sending my back faster than I thought possible.

I didn't go too far, but I hit another tree, breaking it back a bit, and nearly rendering me useless. I felt so much pain, and it was a task just to barely lift my head. I could already feel blood spilling from my nose.

When I managed to see through my dizzy vision, I could see Steve barely holding him back. He was the only thing left between Thanos and Wanda. I clenched my jaw in pain, and teleported to Wanda.

I struggled to my feet, just as Thanos punched Steve unconscious. I placed my hands on each side of Wanda's head, pouring every bit of energy I had into her. Doing so, her striking red power grew bigger and brighter.

Just as Thanos approached us, she used her other hand to hold him back. It seemed to be buying us more time, but he was slowly pushing back against it. I could feel myself growing extremely tired, but I fought the urge to collapse. I could feel Wanda's powers, she was close, we just needed a few more moments.

"I love you..." Vision whispered to her.

Bright yellow cracks began forming all around the stone and his face. A loud explosion erupted from him, and all I could see for the moment was white. I felt my power disconnect from Wanda and I dropped to the ground weakly.

My head was pounding, and my lungs on fire. I could feel my power there, but it was greatly depleted. I could barely hold my eyes open. I was able to hear Wanda softly crying beside me.

"I understand, my child." Thanos said, walking around us. "Better than anyone."

"You could never..." Wanda said through her teeth, looking up to him with such hatred.

"Today, I lost more than you know." He said with almost genuine sadness. "But, now is no time to mourn. Now, is no time at all."

I winced, a sudden bright light forming around us. I kept my eyes open for a few moments, and I could see a green glow around the gauntlet, the light getting smaller and smaller as he moved his hand. I didn't even realize what he was doing until Vision's body was almost completely reformed next to us.

"No!" Wanda screeched. She leapt to her feet, but was thrown back like nothing.

I tried to get up, but the ground shifted beneath me, and large roots grew around me. Locking tight around my body, holding me down. I was forced to watch, as he picked up Vision by his neck.

"No!" I cried weakly. More roots crawled up my neck, wrapping around my mouth. Muffling all my words.

He ripped the stone from Vision's head, leaving behind a large gaping hole. Without the stone, his body went limp and gray. Thanos simply tossed him aside like trash.

I could feel tears coming through my eyes as he placed the final stone to his gauntlet. An almost rainbow pattern of lights traveled up the veins of his arm, and he groaned as he felt the power of all the stone.

He looked down at the stones in admiration, then a blast of light hit him, knocking him back a few yards. I didn't have too much room to move, but out of the corner of my eye, I could see Thor flying down towards us.

Thanos used the gauntlet's power, but it was blocked by Thor's axe. He threw it down at him, the axe continuing to block the stone's powers until it lodged itself in his chest. He dropped to one knee, and Thor landed in front of him.

"I told you..." He said, grabbing the back of the axe, pushing it deeper into his chest. "You die for that."

He cried out in pain, and Thor seemed to be drawing things out. And I understood wanting to make him suffer. When he caught his breath, he lifted his head, trying to say something.

"You should have.... you should.... you should have gone for the head." He taunted. He lifted his hand, snapping his fingers with a loud clank.

"No!!" Thor roared, but it was lost when a bright light dulled every one of my senses.

It lasted only a moment, then everything returned as it was. My heart was pounding aggressively, and I could see the gauntlet steaming with smoke.

"What'd you do?!" Thor demanded.

The axe pulled itself from his chest, and he disappeared through a portal. The roots around me fell back into the ground, but I couldn't bring myself to move.

"Where'd he go?" Steve asked, approaching us and holding his side.

"Oh god...." I shook my head. It only took me a moment for the fear to kick in. "Bucky?" I called out.

I pushed myself to my feet, stumbling around in circles, looking desperately for him. "Bucky! Sarah- James!"

"Mom!" I felt immediate relief, hearing Sarah's voice. I turned sharply, James and Sarah running towards me. I limped as fast as I could, pulling them close to me.

"What's happening?" James asked fearfully.

"Just- just stay with me." I stuttered, looking around for Bucky.

"Mom...." Sarah spoke in a low voice.

I glanced back at her concerned, but she was looking down at her hand. I didn't understand at first, then I noticed her skin slowly darkening, and turning into dust.

"No...." I whispered. I reached out for her, but the rest of her skin turned dark, and floated into dust within seconds. I barely caught a glimpse of James before he too vanished into nothing.

This isn't happening... NO! This isn't happening! This can't-

I stumbled back, using my hand to cover my mouth. "No- no...." I heard Steve whisper behind me.

"Alex?" I finally heard Bucky's voice.

I whipped my head around, terrified of what I might see. He was looking at his metal arm, bits of the dark dust already surrounding him.

"No..." I shook my head, running him.

By the time I reached him, he was already on his knees. I reached out for him, and felt his touch for only a moment before he vanished completely. I dropped to my knees, touching the ground where some of the dust had settled.

All that was heard was a loud crack of thunder, and for a minute I thought it was the sound of my heart shattering. I looked down at myself, waiting for something, anything. But nothing happened.

For your betrayal....

This was my punishment....

I turned back around, Steve, Dimtiri, and Thor watching me speechless.

I couldn't breathe, I couldn't even bring myself to try. I just dropped my head, trying to use my hand to keep my sobs from escaping. Everything in me crumbled, I didn't think it was possible to feel such an intense pain.

we lost.

we lost everything....

An: ow, this hurt me a lot, honestly. I don't feel so good Mr. Stark...