66

"Reached out a hand to touch your face."

               - I Ran, Hidden Citizens

I scrambled with my keys to unlock the door to our apartment, while Peter and Ned held James over their shoulders. My hands were shaking which didn't help in the slightest. I finally got the key and jammed it in the door.

They rushed him inside and I quickly closed the door behind us. James has been slipping in and out of consciousness, mostly just to cry out in pain. I've never felt so helpless before.

"Steve!" I called out.

"What's going on?" Steve asked before walking into the living room. "What happened!" He demanded.

Steve easily picked up James from Peter and carefully lied him down on the couch.

"We we're just- talking-" I said sniffling. "And these men- they just came out of nowhere! They tried to kill us... They shot James-"

Steve grabbed a metal case from one of the drawers and rushed back over to James. He flipped open the case revealing different medical supplies. He grabbed several different things.

"Sarah!" Steve holland at me. "I need you guys to hold him down!"

Peter and I raced over to the edge of the couch and we each took one of his shoulders, while Ned held down his legs.

"Don't let go, no matter what!" Steve yelled instructions.

I nodded through the tears and gripped tightly onto my twins shoulder. Steve tore off James shirt, revealing the bloody hole on his stomach. I held on tighter and did my best not to cry anymore.

Steve took some silver tweezers and dug them down into the bullet hole. James immediately started screaming and thrashing around.

"Hold him!" Steve yelled at us.

We held on tighter and I prayed this would be over soon. Steve continued to dig for the bullet, making James scream in sheer agony.

"It's gonna be okay..." I whispered in his ear.

Steve dug even deeper, driving James over the edge. His body started convulsing, then all at once he became ice cold. His veins turned to a faded blue and his skin was almost as white as his hair. A cold smoke radiated off his body, like he was a piece of dry ice.

James opened his eyes. His blue eyes were now a bright white color. I stared down in horror, and moments later he passed out.

Without him squirming around, Steve extracted the bullet and stopped the bleeding. The atmosphere was much calmer now, and Steve began to slowly stitch up the bullet hole.

"Tell me everything that happened. Starting with those two." Steve said nodding over towards Peter and Ned.

"That's Peter and Ned." I said. "I thought Peter might know something about mom, so James and I followed him after school. We started to talk and then that's when they showed up."

"How many of them were there?" Steve asked.

"Uh, three..." I answered.

"What did they look like?"

"I'm not sure... They wore black hoods, and their eyes glowed purple." I described them.

"Why did you think he would know anything about your mother?" Steve said glaring at Peter.

"He had footage of her running through an airport terminal." I admitted.

Steve looked back over to Peter suspiciously.

"Underoos...." Steve mumbled. "So you're Tony's child soldier?"

"I didn't know who they were- Tony doesn't know, I swear-" Peter stuttered.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Your friend is Spider Man." Steve said wrapping James's wound.

Spider Man.

I heard about him, a vigilante who's been living here in New York. I thought he'd be much older, not my age.

Steve came to my side, and guided me over to James.

"I need to make some calls, stay with him." He said. I nodded and kneeled by the couch.

My twin. I didn't move even an inch, I stayed there for as long as he needed me. I let my fingers comb his white hair. It's okay, brother.

+

BRUH THE TRAILER FOR INFINITY WAR HAS ME SO SHOOK