34

"Sunsets on the evil eye. Invisible to the Hollywood shrine. Always on the hunt for a little more time."

               - La Devotee, Panic! At The Disco

I tiredly dragged my feet up the steps to my crappy apartment. I'd had enough for one day, and it didn't help that Steve left the ceremony early.

"Alexandra!" A familiar voice shouts from behind me.

I stop my climb up the stairs about halfway and turn around. "What James?"

He inches closer to the bottom of the steps but doesn't come up. "We looked for you after, and Steve too. My folks wanted to give you a ride to the cemetery."

"Steve's upstairs, I think." I tell him. I wanted desperately for this conversation to be over. I never really cared much for James. To me he was always my little brother's best friend, even if he was slightly older than me.

"How are you doing?" He suddenly blurts out.

"Fine." I say trying to sound at least a little convincing. I start walking back down the stairs while lightly shaking my head. "I'll leave the two of you alone for a while."

I try to walk past him but his hand manages to catch my wrist. "Hold on!"

"What?" I say a little pissed off now. His hand is locked on my wrist, making it impossible for me to shake him off. Is his arm made of metal or something?

"I didn't come just for Steve, you're my friend too. I care about you." His words sound sincere.

The only thing I can concentrate on is how his hand is still latched onto my wrist. I quickly glance down at our hands then back to him. He does the same then drops my hand.

Our eyes are still locked and I'm not sure what's happening right now. His eyes don't leave my face. His lips part slightly, forcing my eyes to linger a little longer.

Wait! What? This is my brother's best friend! Shut up Alex!

"I can get by on my own." I finally find my voice after looking away from his lips.

"I know, but the thing is...." He steps closer to me, our faces are so close, making me even more uncomfortable. "You don't have to."

His hand traveled up my arm and stopped at my elbow, gently squeezing it. The way he was looking at me gave me butterflies in my stomach. His eyes darted down to my lips. He slowly lowered his head down, waiting to see if I would stop him.

But I didn't.

He moved forward even more until their noses were touching. The lingering touch of him made my breath catch.

Finally, Bucky closed the small gap between them. His lips pressed against mine softly, waiting to see how I would react. I was shocked at first, I mean, he's my brothers BEST FRIEND!

I hesitantly started moving my lips along with his. His lips tasted like nicotine, and I was instantly addicted.

He pulled away much too soon, but our foreheads stayed pressed against each other.

"Till the end of the line." He whispered

I jerked awake and slowly sat up. I was covered in sweat and the sheets were tangled in my legs.

I remember that day from my dream. It was the first time I saw Bucky anything other than a friend.

"Bad dream?" A voice asked. I flip my head around, sitting in a chair by the door was Jemma. How long has she been here?