14

"She's talking to angels, counting the stars."

               - Superman, Daughtry

I tie my hair back and strap on my mask. "You ready?" Clint asks from the pilots seat.

"I've got a lock on the twins, but they're not with Ultron." I report. Steve is occupying Ultron while Clint and Natasha steal the unfinished body. My job was to keep the twins out of the way.

I do sympathize with them, we're a lot alike. Not just with our powers, but all three of us were tortured by Hydra. But they have no idea what Ultron is planning to do, they're just kids. They've also been a huge pain in my ass.

Clint drops Natasha and I out of the Quinjet and we both go our separate ways. Once I'm out of the jet, I ditch my bike and go on foot, I'm definitely a lot faster now anyway.

I zip through the city once I get a lock on their minds. They don't seem to be going anywhere, or in any hurry.

I finally find them and don't hesitant to walk right up to them. Pietro is standing in an alley trying to comfort Wanda, and they don't notice me till I'm a few feet from them.

"Woah, wait!" Pietro holds his hands up and steps in front of his sister. I stop walking, but don't stop glaring at them. "We're not with Ultron anymore!'

I snatch my staff from my back and shove the point near his face. "Give me one good reason why I should trust you."

"Go ahead. Read my mind." He challenges me, stepping a little closer to me. I do a quick sweep of his memories and see everything that happened in Dr. Cho's office. He's telling the truth.

"You're coming with me." I state grabbing his elbow, tugging him away. He doesn't let go of his sister and she gets dragged with us.

"Where?" He asks confused.

"To fix your idiotic mistake." I state. I glance at Wanda who has gained some composure back from what she saw in the things mind. "You can carry her."

He nods and picks her up. I take the lead and we run down the streets as fast as we can. I quickly find Steve's mind and run straight to him. He's on a train, still trying to preoccupy Ultron. Clint and Nat better hurry up.

Ultron has Steve pinned down in the train.

Follow my lead. I tell Pietro. He nods and I run at Ultron. I shove him as hard as I can, then Pietro does the same right behind me. Ultron tries to advance towards us, but Wanda breaks off pieces of the train and blocks the way.

"Please." Ultron scoffs. "Don't do this."

"What choice do we have." Wanda tells him.

Ultron turns back to us and sets off some kind of missile. I grab Pietro's shoulder and pull us to the ground before we're incinerated by the blast. It breaks through the rest of the train, making a huge hole in the front. I try and get back up, I definitely feel some painful bruises forming. I really have to remember how fragile I am now. Pietro helps me stand and I whip my head around, Ultron has broken the side of the train and flown out.

"I lost him." I radio to Clint. "He's headed your way."

Steve is back up and at the front of the train. The driver seems to be knocked out and we aren't slowing down anytime soon.

"Steve." I warn him, looking straight ahead at what little track we have left, a street with dozens of people right in front of us.

"Get the civilians in our path!" Steve looks to me and Pietro. We both nod and take off. I jump out of the train and flash in front of it, grabbing as many people as I can. Pietro and I continue to cross paths and grab people.