67

"Wakanda forever!"

All the soldiers cry out with them, and start charging towards the barrier. I take off running, holding tightly to my sword. We were getting closer, almost to a small river near the edge.

"Now!" T'Challa roared. A small opening the barrier became visible, and the Chituri began flooding in.

Steve, T'Challa and I began speeding past the others. The river would've slowed us down, so T'Challa and Steve leapt across, attacking the beasts. I transported over in mid air, landing on top of one and impaling it with my sword.

The others caught up, and the two sides clashed with battle. I cut down everything in my path, everything I needed to protect was here. There wasn't anything I wouldn't do right now.

I swung my sword harshly, beheading one of the Chitauri. My head whipped up, and my eyes quickly landed to Steve. Who was burying his pointed shield into the abdomen of one of the creatures.

"Shuri, how much longer?!" T'Challa called through the coms.

"I've barely begun, brother." She replied.

"You might want to pick up the pace!" T'Challa said out of breath.

"What are they doing?" I asked Steve, while keeping up with the raid of Chitauri. Steve Stayed close by, but still managed to bring down a few more of them.

"Removing the Stone from Vision!" Steve called back.

I stopped for a moment, my eyes scanning the battlefield desperately. Until I finally saw back across the river, flows of fire and ice blowing. I teleported back, landing between Sarah and James. The two of them trying to watch the others back.

"Take my hands!" I said urgently.

They each held on to my hands tightly, and I teleported us back over the river, much closer than before, practically at the opening.

"Don't hold back!" I said. They nodded, and my eyes shifted purple. I spent a lot of time taking power from other people, but there was a much better outcome when I gave that power back. I focused on pouring all my strength into the twins.

As I did, they got stronger. Sarah's fire grew, as James ice flew like light, both of them becoming so much deadlier. Some of the Chitauri were attracted to the light, bringing them right to us. They were doing great, but with the swarm getting bigger, they were getting closer and closer to us.

I waited as long as I dared, then teleported them further back. More and more of the Chitauri were coming in by the second. Too many for us to keep up with. I teleported back to the front, leaving the twins further back where they'd be safe.

As soon as I did, I could see Steve getting taken down by several of them. My first move was to help him, but dozens of the Chitauri swarmed around me. I even had trouble teleporting away without one of them grabbing me each time.

I finally broke free and transported closer to Steve, but a clawed hand grabbed my ankle at the last moment. I tripped, and fell forward in the dirt, the creature dragging me back.

"There's too many of 'em!" Bruce's voice panicked over the radio.

I gritted my teeth, trying to break free, but two more surrounded me, clawing away. There was an enormous explosion somewhere, and the sound of something flying in the air. Something zipped over me, slicing through the Chitauri.

I stumbled to my feet, my eyes following the thing that saved me. Thor was standing in the center of some sort of cosmic energy light. A large axe in his hand, and two strange looking creatures.