22

"Can you see his silhouette?"

               - Trouble, Hasley

I finally get past security and collect my weapons at the checkout. I holster all of my guns and sheath my staff on my back.

It's been a hectic couple of days but I'm glad to be finally getting out of here. Skye put a stop to her crazy mother and the rest of the inhumans eventually surrendered. Coulson was even letting me leave on one of their motorcycles as a thank you.

I may not be able to legally drive anywhere since I don't have a license, but I've gotten in trouble for so much worse. I'd like to see them catch me for that.

I sling my duffel bag over my shoulder and am about to walk out when I hear shouting behind me. "Wait!"

I stop and turn around. Jemma is sprinting towards me. "I didn't know you were leaving?"

"My job is done here." I state.

"Right, uh... Well I made you something, here." She says handing me a small bluetooth.

"You made me an earpiece?" I ask slightly unimpressed.

"Well, not exactly, It's a micro brainwave amplifier. It should be able to help you maintain more minds at once."

"Um, thank you, I guess." I slide it into my pocket and look back up at her. "I'll admit, I'm gonna miss you."

"Will you be back?" Jemma asks hopefully.

"Maybe, I don't know." He face falls and I can tell she's disappointed. "But if you need anything, I'll be here."

"I'll keep that in mind." She smiles. I move closer and wrap my arms around my neck.

"Thank you." I tell her.

"For what?" She asks, pulling away.

"For being my friend."

She just smiles and I take that as my cue to leave. I go through the final security door and turn back to her, giving her a small smile.

Back to the mission.

AN: YAY! Time for Misson Bucky!