27

"I'll wait for you to let me go. Can't wait for you to let me go, but you won't."

- Exorcism, Clarity

I snuggle closer to Bucky, his arms wrapped around me in a warm embrace. We lay still on his bed. I wasn't entirely sure what to say. I'm not sure if I regret what happened or not.

The sun was gleaming through the window and I knew we'd have to get up eventually. I didn't need to look up to know he was staring down at me, I could feel his eyes burning the back of my head.

"You're staring." I say annoyed.

"I'm gazing." He corrects me.

"It's creepy." I tell him.

"It's romantic." Bucky insists.

I finally look up at him, his long hair is tangled and messy. I roll my eyes at his comment and sit up, trying to get out of the bed.

"Hey!" Bucky gently grabs my arm and pulls me back down on his chest. He doesn't hesitate to run his fingers through my hair, caressing my cheek with his metal hand whilst attacking my lips with his.

I groan and break away, he doesn't stop kissing me, he just flips us over so he's on top and moves his lips to my jawline making his way to my neck. "This is bad..." I whine.

"I disagree," He mumbles against my neck. I close my eyes and let myself enjoy the feeling of his mouth against my neck.

"Why do you do this to me?" I moan.

"Because," He says kissing back up my jaw. "I love you."

He plants one more kiss on my lips before stopping to look me in the eyes. "Do you love me?" He asks cautiously.

I trace the outline of his lip with my thumb and furrow my brows at him. "I do." I admit. "I shouldn't, but I do."

"I can live with that." He sighs. He gives me a smile and bends down pecking my cheek.

"How is this ever gonna work?" I ask staring up at the ceiling.

He lays back down beside be, propping himself up on his elbow to look at me. "We'll take it slow." He uses his free hand to intertwine with mine lying on my stomach.

"You call sleeping together, slow?" I laugh, trying to lighten the mood.

He smiles and bites his bottom lip. "Starting now... Here." He reaches behind him and holds out something in his fingers.

"Getting married isn't slow either, Buck." I smile shaking my head.

"I'm not asking you to marry me, I just want you to keep it." He says holding it out for me.

"Okay," I nod and he slides the gold ring on my finger. It still fits perfectly, even after seventy-five years.

He smiles, kissing my knuckles. Even if I'm not 100% sure this is the right thing, it's clearly making him happy. That is the goal, I guess. I can't help him get better if he's depressed.

"Let's do something today." He breaks the silence.

"Like what?" I ask. "We can't over expose ourselves to the public."

"We could stay here then.... Hopefully find ways to pass the time," He smirked eyeing my lips.

"Ahh, fine. We'll go out, get dressed." I give in and get up to find my clothes. I pick up his shirt off the floor and toss it at him.

+

It wasn't too hard to blend in. It was around fall and relatively cold so no one questioned Bucky wearing gloves. I didn't have much to cover, besides the hideous scars on my back.

We mostly just walked around the street markets with our fingers intertwined and talked.

"Truth or dare?" Bucky asks me.

"Really? How old are you?" I giggle.

"99. Now, truth or dare?"

"Mmm, truth."

"Who was your first kiss?" I rolled my eyes.

"You know that..."

"I know I just wanna hear you say it."

"Some douche named James."

"He couldn't have been that bad-"

"He was a cocky ass." He smiles and wraps his arm around my shoulder, still not breaking our hands apart. "My turn. Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"You sure?"

"Bring it on." He chuckles.

"Okay, I dare you to...." I look around the street, trying to find something he wouldn't do. My eyes land a small tattoo shop across the street. Perfect. "Get a tattoo."

He laughs and shrugs. "What the hell..."

I smile and pull him across the street into the shop. "How about a dragon?"

"I know what to do, just wait." I roll my eyes and look and the different designs on the wall. One of them was a flaming red skull. Too soon...

I walk back over to Bucky who has just started the painful process. The artist was working on something on his flesh arm.

"looks fun." I laugh sarcastically.

"It's not too bad, you should get one."

"What? My POW number?" I joke.

"Bold choice bro," The artist says to Bucky, stepping away from his arm revealing his work.

My mouth gaped in awe and I froze. In big red velvet fancy print was one word, Alex. He tattooed my name on his arm....

"What do you think?" He asks cautiously.

"Uhh...." I wasn't sure how to react. My name is now permanently etched on his body, but it seems like he did it more for me than for himself.

"Nice penmanship," I nod at the artist. "I think I'll get one too."

I'm probably gonna regret this one day but I don't care. I opted for somewhere less open on my body since I was still gonna be around Steve after this.

I asked for black ink and in a smaller size, tattooed Bucky's name on my waist just above my bikini line.

"Cute." Bucky comments after the artist finishes. I pay him and we go back to the apartment after picking up some groceries.

"Here," I say tossing a plum at him.

"Mmm, I've never loved you more." He smiles. I laugh and put the rest away.

I feel his arms snake around my waist and his nose nudges against my neck. "Wait," I say stopping him turning around in his arms to face him.

"I know what you've been doing. Stop it."

"What are you talking about?"

"I was brainwashed too, I know how it works. I am no where close to the old me. You can't pretend to be something you're not for me. We aren't the same people we were before Hydra, but we're also not killers anymore."

"I know-" I cut him off.

"Just let me finish. We're not either, we're something..... in between. If this is gonna work, then you have to be you. Not who we were then, who we are now."

He nods understandingly. "Okay, I promise."

"Good." I nod and I yank his neck down to meet my lips.