2

"Take it back to the place where we know it all began."

               -The Boys are Back, HSM

I stand in wait behind Winter. We're in our leader's house awaiting further instruction.

I've always thought of myself second to him. The Winter Soldier, and The CopyCat. I've been most useful when we find one of the enhanced, and there haven't been many.

I want to get my hands on the guy chasing us. He was stronger than the other humans, faster. I could be more useful with strength like his.

Our leader walks in his kitchen and opens the fridge. He isn't aware of our presence until he turns back around.

"I'm going to go Mr. Pierce." Some women says from another room. "Do you need anything before I leave?"

"No," He doesn't take his eyes off of us. "Uh, it's fine Ranada, you can go home."

"Okay, night night." She calls out from farther away.

"Good night." He replies. The front door closes, and he turns around, searching through a cupboard.

"Want some milk?" He asks us. I don't understand what he means, though.

I can't move. It's like I can't decide anything. I wasn't made to make my own choices. He must be taunting us. We aren't allowed to make our own choices....... And he knows that.

"The time table has moved, our window is limited." He takes a sip of milk and walks over to the table. "Two targets level six. They already cost me Zola. I want confirmed death in ten hours." He demands.

"Sorry, Mr. Pierce I, uh, I forgot my phone." His maid is back and she stares at the two of us, wishing she hadn't walked in.

"Oh, Ranada," Mr. Pierce sighs. "I wish you would've knocked." He grabs a handgun from the table, and shoots her twice in the chest.

+

This was my lucky week. Normally I'd be back in cryo freeze right about now, we've never had two missions in one week.

This is gonna be fun.

We have two targets this time. Hopefully it'll take twice as long, I really hate cryo.

We're speeding on the highway in a military truck. I watch Winter carefully from the passenger seat as he leaps to their car. He wastes no time and rips a man from the car and tossing him in front of a truck.

He tries to shoot the remaining people in the car through the roof, but the car slams on its brakes and tosses him of the car. I can feel my targets thoughts, he's the super soldier.

I open the door, the car still speeding straight towards the targets. I climb on the hood and get ready for the impact.

The truck smashes into the car's rear and sends me flying forward. I keep my legs straight and break right through the back window. I land in the back seat, all three people in the car are too focused on Winter surging towards them to notice me.

I reach forwards and wrap a hand tightly around my targets throat. I concentrate for a split second till I can feel my eyes glow blue for a moment.

Energy surges through my body, and I feel 100x stronger.

With the truck still moving behind us, the car meets Winter halfway and he leaps back onto the roof.

I tighten my hold on his neck, blocking his airways completely. I smile when I hear him gasping and choking.