49

"Head in the dust, feet in the fire. Labor on that midnight wire."

               - Soldier, Fleurie

We were only a couple minutes from Bucky's apartment. If he was even there. He didn't answer his phone so that mean anything.

The three of us were suited up in an alley, trying to come up with a plan. It was a little awkward, Steve was still on edge, I tried to do as little speaking as possible.

"Sam, be on the lookout, warn us when they're close. Alex and I will go in." Steve instructed us.

"That may not be a good idea." I blurted out. If Bucky was there, I didn't want him to think I sold him out, I also didn't want Bucky to reveal to Steve I knew his location the entire time.

"He doesn't have the fondest memories of me, as you might recall."

"He has to know us a little, he'll know you too."

"I torchured him for months, Steve. I don't wanna make him run again. You go, I'll wait outside in case things don't go as planned."

He had that same look of suspicion on his face, but again, he didn't question me.

+

Even I didn't recognize me. My white hair was no longer. I replaced it with a dark brown. It's not Hydra proof, but It'll make it harder for them to spot me.

I walked into the bar and took a seat deliberately two away from him. He seemed to be about my age, maybe a year younger.

The bartender asked me what I wanted so I just ordered a whiskey.

He was glancing at me every couple of seconds, so flicked my hair back. He thinks he's gonna seduce me or something, but it's the other way around. I want him to notice me.

After a minute he finally said something to me.

"What's a girl like you trying to get drunk for?" He's definitely had a couple drinks, just makes this easier.

"I did a bad thing. Why are you already drunk?" I said with a snarky tone.

"My parents are dead."

"You don't seem all that sad." I bluntly pointed out.

He looked at the bottle, tossing it around in his hands. "Maybe I'm not. Is that such a bad thing?"

"There's no shame in not caring." I said carefully sipping my drink.

Maybe I did do this kid a favor. He didn't have a great relationship with his parent's. He doesn't miss them. But he still seems sad.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" He asked me.

I looked back over to him, he quickly downed the rest of his drink and hopped off the bar stool. Two steps later he was standing right behind me with his hand extended.

"I just inherited a shit ton of money. It'll be fun." He smirked.

Something inside me was yelling not to. That I needed to leave him alone, that I never should've talked to him the first place. But I also had to know how he really felt. If he really is okay with his dead parents, then did I really do anything wrong?

"Let's do it."

+

Soooo, yea..... Tony and Alex have met before.....

I thought it'd be a cool storyline, so with almost every chapter will be a flashback chapter of them.

Enjoy Bitches ;)