8

"Caught in the fire, say oh. We're about to explode."

               - Atlas, Coldplay

Steve was right. This building is hideous. Why are buildings these days so tall? People from my time would never dream of something so tall. And the shape makes absolutely no sense.

I've still not been filled in to the why we're here. Unless the owner can bring Bucky back, I don't see any reason to be here.

I'm still weary about trusting Steve, but what choice do I have? I know my flash memories must be true, but I don't give blind trust. Even if everything I'm seeing is true, we haven't been together in over seventy years. I'm definitely not the same person I was. I've been broken down and dehumanized.

Most of me is covered, my hood up and sunglasses cover my face, but I keep my head down and walk in between Steve and Sam.

The doors slide open for us and Steve walks right in, Sam and I trailing behind him. The interior is very expensive looking and up to date.

Steve walks to the receptionist's desk and takes off his sunglasses. "Let Stark know we're here."

"Right away Captain Rogers." She says worriedly before getting up walking somewhere. Stark! I rip off my sunglasses and hood.

Once the woman is gone, I grab Steve's collar and slam him into the nearest wall, pressing my forearm arm against his neck just enough to hold him down.

"You brought me to a Stark!" I snarl at him.

"Woah, take it easy." Sam tries to calm me down but I ignore him waiting for Steve to answer me.

"He's my friend, he won't hurt you I swear." He says pleadingly. "He may know how to get the rest of your memories back."

I don't care if he can unbrainwash me, he's a Stark....

What if he knows it was me? The only remaining Stark was Howard's son, and if he knows he'll kill me instantly. Steve has no idea what he's done.

"Mr. Stark will see you now." The woman's voice comes from the doorway, a little concerned looking from our position. I let go of Steve and he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Trust me." He pleads. I could very well be walking to my death if I trust him. If I don't at least try to get my memories back then I'm on my own, I have no hope of ever finding Bucky.

I take a deep breath and grab Steve's hand, intertwining our fingers. We follow the receptionist to the elevator and we walk inside. I stand in the back corner, but keep Steve's hand in mine.

By the time the elevator stops we're nearly at the top of the tower, maybe a floor or two more. The doors slide apart and I slowly walk out, staying slightly behind Steve, not daring to let go of his hand.

"Tony?" Steve's voice echos through the huge room.

"Captain." Tony steps forward. My heart almost skips a beat when I see his face.

"He looks like his father." I comment, my eyes still scanning his facial features. His eyes go to me and he gives me a questioning look.

"And you are?" He asks me. He doesn't know it was me...

"I uh... don't know." I say awkwardly, looking at Steve and back to him. Tony looks extremely puzzled.

"This is Alexandra," Steve speaks for me. That's my name, Alexandra? "She's my sister."

Tony nods understandingly but he is still pretty clueless as to what is happening.

"Does she know that?" Tony says jokingly. Typical Stark...