73

"Not really sure how to feel about it, something in the way you move, makes me feel like I can't live without you."

- Stay, Rihanna

As soon as we arrived in New York, Steve kept his word and immediately took us to his apartment where Sarah and James were. I was nervous to say the least. What if they don't remember me? What if they hate me?

Steve knocked on the door and we waited. After a minute a faint feminine voice came from behind the door.

"Division?" Someone said quietly.

"107th." Steve said just loud enough to hear.

The door immediately unlatched and swung open. A girl stood in the doorway and leaped into Steve's arms. As soon as I saw her eyes I knew it was Sarah, she had Alex's eyes.

"Oh god we thought you were dead!" She exclaimed. Steve walked in and set her down on the ground.

I walked in and shut the door behind me. Besides Sarah there were two other boys in the room, one I didn't recognize, the other I knew had to be James.

After a moment they realized it wasn't just Steve and their eyes locked on me.

"I don't uh... know if you remember me- but I..." I couldn't seem to find the right words.

"We do..." Sarah muttered, looking still a little shocked.

Sarah slowly took a few steps forward, leaving James behind her. He seemed to unsure how to react. Sarah put her arms around my waist and rested her head on my chest. It was deja vu, like the first time we'd met.

I hugged her back, and tried my best to keep myself together.

"I miss mom..." I heard her mumble against my chest. I pet her hair, brushing it down.

"So do I." I replied.

After a few moments she let go and stepped aside for James. James seemed very hesitant, and I didn't wanna make him uncomfortable.

"Can I give you a hug?" I asked cautiously.

He swallowed and gave a small nod. He didn't move so I moved forward and wrapped my arms around him. His hair even smelt like Alex's, it reminded me of coconuts...

He whimpered, and I felt him wince. I pulled back immediately, worried that I might've hurt him with my arm.

"What is it? Am I hurting you?" I asked very concerned.

"Nah, I'm fine." He lifted up his shirt to reveal a large bandage wrapped around his abdomen. "Just a small scratch."

I whipped my head around to glare at Steve.

"What happened?" I demanded. I'll kill whoever laid a finger on him.

"They were jumped coming home from school, James took a bullet and they got away-"

"Who did this? I'll kil-"

"Bucky-" Steve tried to calm me, but Sarah cut in.

"It was her! She was controlling them-"

"We don't know that," Steve told her.

"Her, who?!" I demanded.

"Mom!" Sarah finally yelled. "It was mom..."

My whole world was crashing down and I didn't have the slightest clue how to stop it. This can't be real.... there's no way.

"We are going to handle this, so all of you, including you-" Steve said pointing to Peter. "Are going to stay out of it, got it?"