78

"The world ain't as half as bad, As they paint it to be..."

             - Come Home, One Republic

I teleported back to the warehouse after giving the stone to Thanos. He was more than pleased, and finally gave me the mark of the Black Order. I was glad to have finally proven myself worthy, but I hated having it. I could feel their darkness in my veins. I hated it.

Steve was already there, sitting on the floor where I killed Vision.

"Steve...." I spoke softly. He immediately jumped up, staggering back a bit, due to his knee.

"I'm really sorry about that..." I said glancing to his knee which he had put into a brace.

"You didn't do it, he did." Steve told me.

"But I let him." I said looking away from his gaze.

Steve stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me.

"I don't care.... I'm just glad you're okay." He said resting his chin on my head. He pulled away but held onto my arms. "Just tell me what's going on."

I let go of him and sat down against the wall. "I don't even know where to start." I shook my head. He sat down next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Just start from the beginning.... What happened after you left Wakanda? What happened to Grayson?"

"I spent about three months running from him. He followed me wherever I went. I was scared to face him, I didn't think I was strong enough to kill him. He was the one who made me, he trained me, he knew everything about me.... I knew I would need something to give me more of an edge, so I broke into the Center for Damage Control. They had thousands of chitari artifacts left over from Loki's invasion. I took some, and absorbed their energy. They made me more powerful than I'd ever been, it's what allowed me to teleport places."

"How?" He asked.

"A while back, I had a scientist friend of mine analyze my DNA. She said that I was only half human, and that the other half was of some alien descent. The certain species that I am, and Dimitri is, our powers come from our souls. They're special. We have the potential to develop more powers over the years, depending on how much control we have over them. Dimitri can read minds, like me, but he also has the power to transfer his consciousness into other peoples bodies."

"He's not as powerful as you?" Steve asked.

"No, he doesn't know how to develop more powers, he's only ever had the two. The surge of energy I got from the chitari artifacts helped me gain the ability to teleport. After that, I went to Tony-"

"You went to see Tony? He never mentioned that. Why didn't you come to me?" He asked.

"During the battle in New York, Tony temporarily went through a portal into another realm. He had a memory of that place. I can only teleport to places I've been to or seen before. I wanted to go to that realm, and he was the only person on the earth who'd been there before."

"Why did you want to go there?"

"I wanted to know more about where I came from. I was curious about the alien side of me... When I teleported there, I took Grayson with me, that way if he killed me he wouldn't be able to get back to earth, and to all of you. He would've killed me if Dimitri hadn't showed up and saved me."

"He saved you?"

"Somehow he knew exactly who I was, Instinct I guess... He killed Grayson, and took me to our father..."

"Your father?"

"....My father.... It's complicated.... His name is Thanos. He came to earth a long time ago. There was this stupid prophecy... He was told that a child of his, that was half human, would one day bring all of the Infinity Stones to him."

"What are Infinity Stones?"

"There are six stones. All with immense power... The tesseract, is one of them. The stone from Visions head... that was another."

"Did you give it to him?"

".....Yes."

"Why?"

"Because he thinks I'm helping him, yes I gave him the stone, but he won't do anything till he has all six. I'm not gonna let him get them all."

"What does he want with them?"

"He claims he wants to reshape the universe, make it what he thinks it should be. He'll be unstoppable, he could do anything..."

"If he came to earth with the intention of creating you... why did he just leave you there?"

"He took the form of a human, and met our mother. He left after impregnating her, but he came back when I was born. He ripped me from her arms... and took me back to his realm.... Thor's father, Odin. He learned of Thanos's plan, to use me to gather the stones. So he invaded Thanos's ship, and took me. Odin didn't want to kill me, I was only a baby, but he needed to keep the prophecy from being fulfilled. He returned me to our mother, and placed a protection against the planet, so Thanos or any of his people wouldn't be able to set foot on it."

"So he can't come here?"

"Our spies have told us that Odin died a few days ago. The protection was lifted with his death. He can return now."

"How are we gonna stop him?"

"That's my problem. He trusts me, i'll use that against him. If I can get my hands on one of the stone's at the right moment, I can kill him."

"You can't do this alone-"

"I'm not, I have you now. You can help me from down here. I'm not sure I can stop him from invading earth much longer, and when that happens you need to be ready."

"What about the prophecy?" Steve asked.

"It's rubbish, I'd never give them all to him, I told you. It's not gonna happen. I need you to trust me,"

"I do." He nodded. "I'm just worried about you..."

"It'll be okay, don't worry... I'm not gonna let him hurt anyone." I promised him.

+

WHOS THE MOTHERFUCKING QUEEN OF UPDATES???

I AM BISHHHHHH!

Lol sorry 😂 I've had some free time the past few days.

PECE