45

THE HIMALAYAS, LEAGUE OF SHADOWS TEMPLE
Drake Lance

"Channel it! Focus Drake!" Nyssa shouts as we move fast, continuing to sparring. We attempt to hit each other with the bo staff but we fail to land hits on each other. We dodge all the attacks until I hit her in an open spot that I've been blind to all these months. I move as fast as her, dodging her attacks, and hit her again in a new spot. I'm doing it.

I then hit Nyssa in the leg and sweep my leg under her and she falls to the floor. Before she gets up I put the end of my stick towards her face and I stand there as I've finally proved myself. Nyssa lays in the ground starring up at me and smiles at me.

"You're ready." Nyssa says and I take the bo staff out of her face and give her a hand. She takes my hand and I lift her up from the floor as she's proud of me. "I taught you well." She tells me and I smile at her lightly as it has taken time, months. My city is in great danger, and I need to hurry.

"So what now?" I ask as I don't want to lose time anymore. Slade standing in the side watches us as he's taken her down too before me. He learned fast but he did something to her that I caught and I'm keeping my mouth shut about it.

"Follow me." Nyssa walks away from me and walks towards the inside of the temple. Slade and I follow her as we head into her office. I shut the door behind us as she goes to her shelf, pulling out an ancient tube. She opens the tube, pulling out a giant rolled up map, and unwraps it on her desk.

"You couldn't show me this on Google maps?" I ask in a serious tone and she ignores me as she lays it flat for me, so we can both see it. "What is this?" I walk up to her desk starring at an old ancient map of what looks like a path to a mountain range.

"The path to the Dragon is through a cave by this temple that leads up to the realm of the Dragon." She says and we both stare at her finger as they point at the cave. "Sara and I will lead you both to the cave, but it is up to you two to walk through the cave and find the realm."

"How many people have done it before?" Slade asks and that's not my worry right now. We've both done the training to get up the mountain, I'm sure we'll survive it.

"Many people have gone through it." Nyssa tells Slade but she leaves something out. Slade squints his eyes at her noticing it as well and she hesitates. "If you're wondering who's survived it, then your answer is only my father." Nyssa says and I get nervous and Slade holds my hand knowing we got this.

"We can do it." Slade says to Nyssa and I hold Slade's hand tighter as he's right. We can, and we will.

"Whatever it takes." I look up at Slade and Slade smiles at me and I give him a light smile.

"Then we leave tomorrow in the morning. Pack for cold weather, the path is not merciful." Nyssa says as she dismisses us and Slade and I walk out together. I walk away from Slade heading to my room to pack and I begin to think about all the things that have lead up to this moment in my life. I'm going to be a Dragon.

I walk into my room getting into my underwear, changing from the ninja outfit that Nyssa has me wear to something more comfortable. As I go through my dressing drawer I hear my room door open and I quickly look behind me seeing Slade walking in, then seeing me. He quickly shuts the door embarrassed by walking in on me half naked.

"Sorry!" Slade says out loud and I get embarrassed as well. I quickly find black sweatpants and a black shirt and put them both on. I walk towards the door and open it to find Slade leaning against the wall across my door as he covers his eyes with his hand.

"I thought people knock." I say inviting him and he walks into the room. I close the door behind him and he sits on the bed. "What's up?" I ask him as I walk towards him, sitting right next to him on the bed.