30

UNKNOWN
Drake Lance

"Drake!" I hear an echoed scream as it sounds like Ollie's voice. I look around as I'm surrounded by fire, chaos, destruction and pain. I hear a screech from what sounds to be a bird and turn towards the noise seeing the skyline of Star City collapse on itself as the fire devours it. I feel a strong heat of wind hit me and it blows me away as I fall on my back on the hot red dirt. The ground beneath me begins to shake and I get overwhelmed, scared, confused, and lost. I raise myself up, seeing a giant fire in the shape of a bird rise from the red dirt. I look directly at it, and I can sense anger, rage, and pain. Its energy is strong and the fire bird begins to grow bigger and bigger, spreading its huge wings over the red sky. "Don't let it consume you." I hear a British voice in the distance behind me and I get distracted. The bird grows large enough over me and begins to devour the ground. I begin to run away from the bird, but I'm not fast enough until I feel the heat of its fire catch up to me and devours me entirely. I get trapped in the fire of the bird and I scream as loud as I can while I begin to burn up but something about it feels so... good.

DRAKE'S APARTMENT

I wake up, sweating and breathing hard and rise myself up slowly. I look over at the clock on my night stand and see the time being exactly 3 am. Devil's Hour. I look next to me, to see Ollie fully asleep as he's unbothered by my panicking and this isn't the first time these nightmares have happened. These nightmares are consistent, they've been happening more frequent and always wake me up at this time.

I hear a creak near a wall in my room and I turn my attention towards it as it's a dark spot in my room with a slit of light from the window on the other side of my room. I stare at the spot and see two shadows stand next to each other leaning against the wall starring directly at me. As I continue to stare at the shadows they turn into Adrian Chase and Ra's Al Ghul.

Ra's Al Ghul smiles at me and creeping towards me slowly. I quickly grab the gun under my pillow and aim it at them as it's my emergency gun. I never liked the idea of guns, but this is for emergency purposes only.

"You're going to kill me again?" Ra's says mocking me and I tilt my head as I'm not afraid to shoot at him. I've killed him before, and I'll do it again. "You're a fraud. You're not as good as you think you are." He tells me and I already know this, yet these shadows remind me of that.

"Go haunt someone else." I whisper to not wake up Ollie and Ollie groans as hears me talk. I look over at him to see him toss himself around the other side and grab on to me. I look back at the wall to see them both gone and I put the gun away. I sigh in relief and quickly get up from the bed leaving Ollie behind and get dressed in what I can find in the dark.

I grab my black jeans, a black 'Black Canary European tour' shirt, and layer it on with my black leather jacket. I head out of my room grabbing my wallet on the way and leave my apartment to take a walk and get some city air in my system. As I walk around, I begin to automatically walk to my go to bar in nights like these, which seem to be almost every night now.

I walk into my bar as it's quiet and it's my favorite bar in Star City. I look at posters of myself hung up on the walls, with my guitars that I donated to this bar to bring them in some customers. This bar is my secret undercover safe haven that nobody knows about, not even Ollie. I don't plan to reveal this bar to anyone either.

I sit down in my usual bar stool and I see the owner, Donna, walk towards me with a soft smile. "The usual?" Donna asks me and I nod with a soft smile. She pours me a glass of her strongest whiskey and places it in front of me and I take out some cash from my pocket. "Let me guess... The nightmare?" Donna asks and I nod as I take a drink of the whiskey.