3

PRIVATE JET TO STAR CITY
Drake Lance

"I didn't think we'd be flying in a jet like this." Rene says sitting back on his chair starring out the window as there is only clouds. I stare at Rene and then ignore him getting back on my phone going through Twitter.

I feel Rene move his eyes starring back at me as he's been nervous during this entire time. 3 years back he was still intimidated by me. Time changed, but clearly not his attitude towards me.

"Where have you been?" Rene says and then I look at him giving my attention. "I know I shouldn't have asked but if we're going to work with each other again, then I should know more about you." He says and I look back out the window ignoring him and his comments.

"It doesn't matter. You wouldn't understand it anyways." I say not letting him in. I won't let anyone in anymore.

"I lost my wife before we met 3 years back. So trust me, I know exactly how you feel." Rene says clenching his jaw and I stare at him. I finally look at him fully, seeing his scar on his eye. "Let me just tell you that all that pain, all that anger you have, it all goes away. It gets better."

"I don't need your sympathy Rene." I respond softly being vicious at him not wanting to hear from him anymore. I don't need a reminder of my loose of Ollie again. It's been 3 years and I've dealt with it good, or I thought I did.

Rene smiles getting used to my snappy attitude and I ignore him as he begins to mock me in his head. I channel all my anger and pain and use it as a guide to keep me sane. I bottle those emotions and keep it in for when I need them to fight.

I lay my head back on the chair and rest, closing both of my eyes. I don't let Rene interrupt me as he's calmed and let my head spin with thoughts. Ideas of new music. How things could've went different.

___________________
TEAM ARROW BUNKER

I stand next to Rene silently holding myself as I wear all black with my usual leather jacket over it all. Rene stares out to the door and the elevator stops and then opens for us. Rene walks out first and I follow along seeing the entire hideout again.

I stand by the elevator doors as they close from behind me and I stare at the place like the world was on fire. Nothing has changed except for the smallest things. They have Laurel and Ollie's costumes stood side to side like they should be. They way it always should've been.

I walk in and see Rene walking to the center of it by the computers and follow him along. I then turn around looking around and see Felicity, Diggle, and Curtis walking out from the shadows starring at me with pride in their faces. I smile at them lightly knowing it's nice to see friendly faces in a world so cruel.

Felicity walks out to the front and then reaches out to me hugging me. "It's been a long time old friend." I say and hug her tight knowing that I've missed her and the team. I never thought I'd come back.

"I've missed you so much. I'm so glad you've come back home." Felicity says as she stops hugging me and stands back. She stares at me resting her hands on my shoulders and smiles at me with tears in her eyes. I stare at her as well and see the memories and pain and hold it back. Out of the corner of my eye I see Diggle appear from behind Felicity and then Felicity moves away.

"Drake." He says proud and gives me his hand and I shake it tightly. "It's nice to see you back here." Diggle says and then walks back standing with Felicity crossing his arms together.

"Believe me, I didn't think I'd come back." I say stubbornly being down to earth and Diggle clenches his jaw standing back. We're all reunited. "So what is it that all of you had to drag me out of Gotham for?" I ask starring at Felicity and she bites her lips a little hesitating.