6

ROOFTOPS OF STAR CITY
Black Canary

I dress up myself in my casual all black outfit with my signature leather jacket as I walk on the rooftop. Smoke starts to appear and I find myself stuck in a cloud of smoke from the vents. I look around being suspicious and look down at my phone knowing I'm here at the coordinates. Someone should be here with intel.

I stay in the cloud of smoke and use my senses to know of any incoming threats. I start to get a little nervous feeling like this could be a set up, maybe a trap. I can handle it either way. I've handled a lot of things as Black Canary in the last 2 years.

"I'm not getting any sign of anybody there Drake." I hear Felicity speak through my comms and I look around but hear someone behind me. I feel something different and the smoke from the vents start to fade away.

I turn around slowly to find a tall, dark skin man standing behind me wearing all black with a sword behind him. I knew Paris wouldn't be the last time I saw him. "Slade." I say angrily knowing he's caused a lot of trouble that I've been trying to stop. I quickly make a fist knowing that this time, I won't let him get away.

"You don't want to fight me." Slade says as I walk towards him slowly wanting to hear his brilliant excuse. He then takes out something from his pocket, a small green light and it looks strange to me. "Or scream... if you could." He says and I realize it's a sonic dampener and I chuckle knowing I can bypass the dampener, but he doesn't know that.

"Why did you lead me here Slade?" I ask him and clench my jaw and he walks towards me putting the dampener back into his pocket.

"Like I said, we have a common enemy."

"That's hard to believe when you're standing in front of me." I say being snarky and he makes a small smirk and looks around being paranoid a little. Something isn't right.

"There's a story in the underworld about an archer who goes by the name of Ghost Archer. No one has seen him, or lived to see him. Recently he's been murdering people at random, but to me it looks like people who were part of the old League of Assassins and left when it got disbanded with Nyssa." He takes a pause and I raise an eyebrow trying to believe him. I've spent time in the underworld but this, this is new to me. "Oliver's kid, I know his mother was murdered by the Archer."

"Felicity mentioned that a random blond girl was murdered by him too. They told me she looked familiar to-" I say and Slade cuts me off.

"-Sara." He finishes thought and then looks at me. "None of us are safe if you're thinking, of what I'm thinking." He says bringing up the topic that it could be ghost going after the people Ollie cares for.

"But it wouldn't make sense. Ollie is not around anymore. There's no more Green Arrow." I say trying to piece things together in my head but there's not enough intel on this. There's always a reason to these kinda things.

"I'll get more intel on this soon. Until then, stay safe." He says and I raise an eyebrow as he underestimates me. It pisses me off. He then turns around to walk away but as he does an Arrow quickly flies through his chest.

I quickly duck down into the vent smoke and look around the rooftops and see a hooded archer in all black standing over the roof starring at Slade and I

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I quickly duck down into the vent smoke and look around the rooftops and see a hooded archer in all black standing over the roof starring at Slade and I.

Slade quickly falls down to the floor and I get close to him but he's fine. I quickly leave him and chase after the archer, hopping from rooftops to rooftops. The archer spots me and begins to run as well. I love a good game of tag.

As I chase after him, I get closer until the archer shoots an arrow into a window of an office building and jumps in. He crashes through the shattered windows and continues to run. I jump across the building and land on the office floor smoothly and unbothered. I get up and continue to chase after him and chase after him as he creates a path of chaos destroying everything with a unnatural strength.

The archer quickly jumps out of the window landing into a rooftop and I do too and watch him run but he's close. I quickly stop, take in air and scream. "SSSSCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE." The Ghost archer turns around and I watch the sound waves hit him as I scream and it doesn't hurt him. The archer doesn't budge as he plants his feet down into the concrete of the floor like a tree. I continue to scream and change it to a higher frequency and he moves only slightly but still, unbothered as he stares at me. I stop screaming as I'm shocked by this thing and try to see his face but it's unrecognizable. He wears a mask covering his mouth up to his eyes that have darkened due to not enough sleep. This thing, it's a zombie.

The ghost archer quickly takes his bow and an arrow and aims at me and shoots quickly. The arrow flies to me and I quickly catch it with my hands and when I look back he's gone in the air. I clench my jaw afraid of this thing, I've never fought anything that wasn't affected by my canary cry. It's almost as if it was made for this exact moment.

I take my path back to my original rooftop with Slade on it and find Slade struggling to pul the arrow out. I squat down next to him as he sits on the floor and I grab the arrow with his blood on my hands.

"Let me help you." I say and break the arrow in half and pull it out of him as he groans a little. I put the arrow to the side to use it later and he stares at me worrying for me. "Don't worry about me, we should be worrying about this Ghost." I say having an idea in my head but the team isn't going to like it.

"Let me guess? It didn't go well." He says being snarky to mock me and I clench my jaw.

"He could stand my canary cry... I've never met anything like that. Ever." I say and then hesitate for what I'm about to say. "I don't think I can do this alone Slade." I say and he smirks looking at me impressed.

"You want my help?" He says and I nod and give him my hand covered in his blood, literally. "What's in it for me?" He says trying to find benefits out of this like he would. Bruce is going to kill me.

"I don't bring you in until this is over." I tell him and he shakes my hand forming this very unlike partnership. "Who knew we would be working together." I say and he lets go of my hand and I help him up.

"You want to kill me, I want to kill you. We're both on the same page kid." Slade says as he gets up and I wrap his arm around my shoulder and walk towards the stairwell to get down.

"Well, weirdly, I'm willing to put that behind me now." I say carrying his heavy body and taking him down covered in his blood. Laundry day came closer than I thought.

Black Canary (2) • boyxboy | Arrowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें