Going Home

Kian's POV

Ricky and I quickly disengage and scramble for our shorts, throwing them on as quickly as we can and rushing to the hall. It looks bad. Trevor is sprawled out awkwardly at the bottom of the stairs and he seems unconscious. Connor is kneeling at Trevor's shoulder looking him over and rubbing him lightly, trying to wake him up. Connor reaches behind Trevor's head carefully and luckily finds no blood. JC is on his cell with the 911 dispatcher.

Trevors eyes begin to flicker. "Come on Trevy, wake up, we need you." Connor pleads. Trevor's eyes open fully. Connor hugs him lightly. "Can you talk buddy?"

"Yeah, guess I fell." Trevor responds.

"All the way downstairs. Now what hurts? Can you see clearly?" Connor asks.

"My head hurts a little and my shoulder. I can see ok though."

"Ok, do you want to try sitting up?" Connor suggests. He puts an arm behind Trevor to support him.

Trevor tries to rise but cries "Whoa, woozy and my shoulder kills." Connor lies him back down and looks at JC.

"We need the ambulance JC, Trev may have a concussion and I'm worried about his neck." Connor calls out. "Trev, lie still, we're going to get you some help. We'll be here with you. Ricky, can you grab a blanket for Trev and his vans. Oh and a sweatshirt for me. Trevor, keep talking about whatever you want, we need you to stay awake. What happened?"

"I wanted something to drink and didn't turn on the light and kinda forgot what house I was in."

Ricky goes off on his quest. Trevor is wearing a t-shirt and shorts while Connor is only wearing a pair of sleep pants. If we are going to take Trevor to the hospital, we all need more clothes. I head to get dressed. When I return, Ricky has put the blanket over Trevor while Connor slips the shoes on Trevor's feet. Connor throws on his sweatshirt and then bends down and lightly strokes the hair on Trevor's forehead. "It's going to be ok Trev. We're just being careful."

The sirens wail and JC lets in the emergency crew. They check Trevor briefly before boarding him onto the stretcher including a neck brace and wheeling him out.

"JC, call Blake or Trevor's mom and tell them to meet us at the hospital. Ricky, Kian grab Trevor and me a full set of clothes please. I'm going to ride with Trev. You guys can follow." Connor slips on some shoes and follows Trevor out the door.

Half and hour later at the hospital.

Ricky, JC, and I rush in and find Connor. "How is he?" Ricky asks.

"He looks ok. The doctor's are still running tests but they think he has a mild concussion and a sprained shoulder plus a bunch of bruises. All things considered not too bad."

Ricky looks at Connor who is still just wearing sleep pants and a sweatshirt and says, "Crap, I left your clothes in the car. I'll grab them." He heads out.

"I'm gonna call Lia and look out for Trev's family." says JC and he heads out. This leaves me staring at Connor. He doesn't look ok. I put an arm around me and he draws me in close.

"I was so scared Keen. When I first found him he looked bad. I couldn't help but think about Sam. I'm still shaking...I need to call...uhhh...someone." Connor reaches but realizes, of course, he doesn't have his phone.

"You can use mine," I respond, and try to hand him my phone. He stares at it. "I promise not to look at who you call" I say.

Just then Ricky arrives with clothes for Connor and his phone. Connor says thanks, grabs them and run off. Ricky puts an arm around me.