The Party

Author's Note:

So Connor's departure from O2L has thrown all of us fans off and I am not sure anyone even wants to read Rickian fiction right now. I decided to re-write the end of the last chapter to incorporate Connor's decision. I think most fans knew something was up with Connor but I hoped it was just that he was moving out of the O2L house, so that is what I originally wrote. This story, however, (SPOILER ALERT) throws O2L into a very alternate reality at the end of this chapter (per my original outline that I am going to keep writing) and as a result, Connor will be back in the heart of O2L very quickly.

My #weloveyouconnor comment: There were always a few rumors that he would leave after thle tour. But I always thought it would be for bigger and better things, and maybe it will be. Although from twitter you could tell something was up with Connor, I never thought he was this unhappy with what O2L demanded of him. I always thought he was ok with YouTube being more of a job at times. So I am sad that we fans missed it and I hope he solves what he needs to solve and finds the peace he needs. He does not owe the fans any more than he has given. I think the others have made the right choice to leave Monday open. Perhaps Connor will come back occasionally or permanently when he feels better and figures things out.

The Party

"Will u be happy with the last thing u said to the person who matters most? go tell them how much they mean to u, tomorrow's never promised." Kian Lawley on Twitter.

Kian's POV

So most people probably think that O2L throws kick ass parties. Truth is, if we didn't have JC we would suck at it. Ricky and Connor both prefer smaller groups of friends and will often seclude themselves from the main party at some point. Ricky's lyrics in ordinary are honest. He and most of us are not at parties to get drunk and high. We have trained ourselves to deal with large groups of fans at meet and greets because everyone comes to us. Then we focus on our individual fans rather than a large group. So parties can be awkward because although we limit them to closer friends/YouTube friends and we don't all know the same people. Probably half of the guests are JC's.

YouTube had been very good to us. Thanks to the fans support, we have enough money to pay for a nice place to live and to have a good time. We actually worked with our management to hire a caterer (mmm...mexican food) and a car service to make sure Sam and Trevor travel here safely. Sam can be a bit wild at parties so it is important that he is taken care of.

It's about four hours before the party. JC and I are working on decorating and moving stuff around. Connor is out back setting up, and Ricky is filming us for a vlog. Thing's are ok with us and Connor. We will get through this. I am hoping that by holding Connor's Monday spot, open, maybe he will figure things out and come back.

Ricky needs to talk to Connor though about a bunch of things, not the least of which is sexuality and just everything that is changing. Even though he knows he has me, Ricky relies on Connor for a lot of advice. That can't change now.

So I go upstairs and put on my Colorado shirt and try to force the issue. I come down and find Connor and Ricky setting up things in the kitchen. Ricky sees my shirt and knows what I am up to. I put my arms around both of them and tell them, "We're almost done here. JC and I will finish up, why don't you two go get a coffee?"

Connor raises an eyebrow; he know's something is up. Ricky takes the bait. "Come on Conrad, I'll buy you a cup."

Connor looks worried. We know he is emotionally fragile right now. But quickly the lady killer Connor grin emerges and he says, "Ok, if you insist."

"Do you need anything Kian?" Ricky asks as he leads Connor out the door.

"Yeah," I reply, "Happy friends who love each other no matter what."