Chapter 18

Author's Note: Enjoy :)

X X X

Friday 25th of December

Santana woke up with a great feeling. It was Christmas Day. Santana always enjoyed Christmas, she got to spend the day with her family, receive and give gifts and eat a fantastic meal - what's not to love?

Santana climbed out of bed and walked along the hall. A moment later, Maribel and Raphael emerged from their bedroom tying up their dressing gowns.

"Merry Christmas love." Maribel said as she gave her daughter a loving hug and kiss on the cheek. Raphael followed suit and they all shared a little moment together.

The small family walked downstairs together and sat down in their living room. They exchanged gifts and thanked one another.

Santana received some clothes, music vouchers, accessories and money. She was very grateful for her gifts. Maribel and Raphael always spoilt Santana a little at Christmas but they loved seeing her face light up when she unwrapped her presents.

Santana bought her mum some earrings and a matching scarf. She bought her dad some books and some craft beer. They were both grateful for their gifts.

Brittany and Santana wanted to spend Christmas together but also wanted to keep their family traditions. They devised a plan that suited all their needs. They would spend the morning separate, then the Lopez family would go over to the Pierce house and they would all make and eat Christmas dinner together. Then Santana would stay the night with Brittany.

X X X

"Hello, come on in" Susan said as she opened the door to the Lopez trio. They walked inside and took of their shoes.

"Merry Christmas Tana" Zoe greeted the young Latina. Santana scooped the little girl up and gave her a hug.

"Merry Christmas Kiddo" Santana replied.

Santana's parents dispersed across the house to chat to Brittany's parents.

"Let me show you my presents!" Zoe said excitedly as she wiggled in Santana's arms. Santana placed the girl back on the ground. Zoe tugged on Santana's sleeve to pull her over to her stash of gifts.

"Just give me one second Kiddo, I just need to see your sister first." She said with a smile.

"Okay! She's in her room" Zoe informed her.

Santana smiled and made her way upstairs. She pulled a Santa hat out of her pocket and placed it on her head.

"Knock knock." She said as she lightly tapped on the wooden door. She pushed it open to find Brittany sat on her bed reading a book.

"Hey! You're early!" Brittany greeted her. Santana walked over and enveloped her blonde in a hug. She placed a soft kiss to her lips.

"Merry Christmas B" Santana said.

"Merry Christmas" Brittany replied.

"I am early. Santana Claus needed to deliver her presents." She said with a smirk as she gently shook the bag she was carrying. Brittany laughed and they sat down on her bed together.

Santana dumped her overnight bag the other side of the bed on the floor. She pulled out 2 rectangular shaped presents and held them out to Brittany. Brittany reached into the drawer in the nightstand and pulled out 2 presents which were different shapes.

Santana opened her presents first and received a book she had mentioned a while ago and a charm for her bracelet Brittany bought her. The charm had a little duck on it which matched Brittany's stuffed animal that sat on her bed.

Brittany then opened her gifts and got a picture of them kissing in an engraved frame which said 'S + B'. The other gift was a necklace with a dancer on it.

Both girls loved their presents and could see that a lot of thought had gone into them.

"Thank you" Brittany said.

"Thank you" Santana imitated.

They smiled and were joined in a kiss. It was soft and kind and showed how much love they shared. They pulled away smiling.

"Now, I promised Zoe that I'd go and see all her Christmas presents. So I'll catch you in a little bit. I'm really glad we're spending Christmas together." The brunette said as she got off the bed and began leaving the room.

"Go then, that child will be anxiously waiting for you. I'm glad we're spending the day together too." Brittany replied with a smile.

X X X

A couple hours later, dinner was ready. The 7 of them sat down at the table and helped themselves to turkey, vegetables and potatoes among other things. It was a real feast. The chatter was interesting and the atmosphere was great.

It had a proper Christmas feel; they were happy and celebrating each other and their life achievements.

The meal - prepared by Maribel and Susan - was delicious. Everything was cooked to perfection. After they were finished, the fathers cleared the table. Everyone thanked the chefs and moved to the living room.

X X X

A Pierce tradition was to watch 'The Grinch' after dinner. The Lopez family were more than happy to join in.

On one couch was Susan, David and Zoe. On the other was Maribel and Raphael. Santana and Brittany cuddled up together on the armchair. Their limbs were tangled in a mess under a soft blanket.

The families laughed at Jim Carey and cooed at little Cindy. Brittany whispered a running commentary of her favourite bits into Santana's ear. Santana normally hates it when people talk though movies but she quite enjoyed Brittany's notes.

Half way though, David brought in some Christmas cookies for them all to eat. Santana and Brittany chose different flavours but kept stealing bites off each other's.

After the film finished, they played a few games of charades. They were in teams in their couples (Zoe joined her parent's team). Brittany and Santana won. They had a way of communicating that no one else understood. Just a look was enough to spark a memory or take them back to an event. A quirk of an eyebrow could tell them that they were ready to leave. Their unspoken communication came in handy when playing charades.

After that, it was time for Maribel and Raphael to go home. They said their goodbyes to the Pierce family and thanked them for a wonderful Christmas. They kissed their daughter goodbye and left.

X X X

Zoe went off to bed and her parents both took her up. The had all been up super early that morning and were getting tired.

Brittany said goodnight to her family  and took Santana upstairs. They spent a while just chatting and cuddling under the Christmas fairy lights they put up a few weeks before.

They then got changed into their pyjamas and brushed their teeth. They kept giggling as they made eye contact through the mirror. A little tickle fight broke out when Santana wouldn't stop watching Brittany brush her teeth.

They climbed into bed and brought the Christmas patterned sheets over their bodies. They added a blanket as it was cold. They rolled closer together and moulded their bodies together to share their body heat and to feel the comfort the other provided.

"Merry Christmas Britt" Santana said in a tired whisper.

"Merry Christmas San" Brittany replied.

They shared a soft, small kiss. Santana then rolled over and Brittany spooned her. They closed their eyes. They stayed that way until their breathing evened out and they fell asleep. Thoughts of that Christmas and many more Christmases to come danced in their heads.

Both girls thought that this was their best Christmas so far. They had no doubt that next year would be spent together and many more after that. They hoped that one day they could share a Christmas with their kids and grandkids, all together sharing love, peace and happiness.

X X X

Author's Note: a bit of Christmas in July!

Next Time: New Years Eve

Vote and Comment!