Chapter 1

Midoriya's P.O.V

"Izuku~ Time to wake up it's already 7:00!" My mothers voice flooded from down the hall into my bedroom. 7:00? But my alarm is for 6:15? I must have slept in... "Alright! Coming!" I sat up and slipped my U.A uniform on along with my shoes. I barely got any sleep last night, my thoughts kept going back to 'soulmates'. I'm turning 16 in a few weeks and that means i'll get my soul mark. The color of the mark represents your soulmates eyes but their shape can come in any odd form, one thing is always the same though, the size is always just as big as a bottle cap.

Since I was quirkless most my life i'm not sure if I will get a mark or not, and it worries me that people will ask to see, and unlike Kacchan I can't just tell people to 'piss off' because I don't want people to see it- if i get one that is. Damn. i'm thinking about him again... How does he always manage to slip into my train of thought? "Izuku! Are you coming down?"

"Huh? Oh yeah! Coming!" I ran out of my room closing the door behind me and slinging my bag across one shoulder. I scramble down the stairs. "Hey Mum! Sorry for waking up late!"

"Oh it's fine, here I made some toast, I slept in too I was just worried you'd be late darling" she sat down at the table with a cup of coffee after sliding my plate of toast over to me. "Thanks, mum, you're the best." I started eating whilst keeping an eye on the time. I had 10 minutes until I needed to leave but i'll leave early so I can prepare for class and be on time. "Thanks for the food!" I stood up to leave before feeling an arm on my wrist "Wait, Izuku" I watched my mother stand up before she began to straighten my tie and do up my top shirt button for me. "Thanks" i said, "No problem, sweetie" she said, pecking my cheek. As I was about to pull the door closed behind me so I could leave I heard a small voice "Oh and sweetie? The Bakugou's are coming over for dinner, except Masaru, he's feeling ill. Okay, have a good day!"

I pulled the door closed and sighed. Great. Not that I wanted them over in the first place, but the worst part is the most rational person is sick. Just fucking fantastic- Oh, speak of the devil. Adverting my gaze from the pavement I could see a familiar ash blonde making his way out of his house, but not before he screamed profanities at what I can assume was his also yelling, Mother. I plastered a fake smile "Good Morning Kacchan"

"God, Deku. What's with you and fucking faking all of your smiles lately? Hah? Even to me your being fake as fuck."

My eyes widened. How did he see through that? No one else has so how the hell did he? "Wh-what do you mean, Kacchan?"

"If it's about getting your damn soulmate don't fucking worry it's not as nerve-racking or for that fucking matter, exciting as everyone makes it out to be"

Its not. I think, it's about you, that's why I have to fake everything. "It's not that Kacchan. I'm not nervous about... that." I was genuinely surprised he cared, or at least attempted to act like he cared. We stayed in silence for a bit as we began to take the walk to U.A, side by side, no yelling no nothing. It felt calm, something I barely ever felt with kacchan, it felt... right? "So? You going to tell me what's bothering you?" He said it so calmly I subconsciously answered to him and simply said "You." Realizing what I said I covered my mouth and stopped dead in my tracks. Kacchan just chuckled. "Oh, I see. So, what about me? My irresistible looks? Or is it my hot, explosive attitude?" How highly he thinks of himself makes me wish I was more ambitious. "I wouldn't go that far as too saying your 'irresistible' but I mean..." I paused

"What nerd?"

"I guess you're..." I mumbled really quietly "Pretty cute..." We had arrived at the U.A gates and i started running into the building hearing Kacchans angry calls behind me.

"Wait what did you say? DAMN NERD WHAT DID YOU SAY? GET BACK HERE YOU SHITTY DEKU"

Word count: ~ 751 ~

(A/N I need sleep)