Chapter 2

Skye p

Skye p.o.v.

The obsessive-compulsive sound coming from my alarm was not welcome or needed especially considering it was only 8. It was Saturday which meant I didn't have to leave my room at all.

So the alarm was pointless. Usually, it stays on because I'm up all night crying and if it wasn't on I'd still cry and then someone would walk in.

I sleep in a long sleeve oversized t-shirt and underwear. That's it. I tend to overheat in my sleep and it makes me sick so I stick to the bare minimum. 

I wasn't always like this. I used to have tons of friends and was actually quite popular. However overnight things changed. 

I don't know what caused it, I just went to school one day, not in a good mood and then everything went downhill. 

I spend the time I'm not in school in my room listening to music. Everyone says its depressing music but it's my favorite kind of music. 

I don't cut myself every day but it's often. 

None of my brothers know. If they did they would kill me. 

I heard a knock at my door but I didn't answer and still the door still managed to open. 

I saw Dylan approaching me. 

"I'm going out do you need anything?" he asks. 

I just shake my head. 

"Well if you change your mind, text me," He says. 

Meals were tricky. Sometimes it was easy because Dylan would be studying for hours and not take a break but now that would change seeing as he graduates in a week. Junior was always at work so that was an easy one. Logan was away at college so I didn't have to worry about him. Marcus eats in his room so technically I was good in that sense but that was only dinner. 

Lunch was extremely easy obviously. Breakfast was just the occasional "I'll eat at school" and they bought it. 

*****

It's officially 1 o'clock in the afternoon and I'm still in my bed. I haven't even moved. I'm pretty sure I heard Dylan coming in a little while ago but I toned that out. I just stared at the plain white ceiling. 

My room was filled with pictures. Memories. It was filled with the old me. Suddenly the baseball bat under my bed for protection became very useful. 

Before I could stop myself, It was swinging and hit some pictures on my desk. After the first one, I couldn't just stop there so I kept going. 

Screaming and crying in the process as the memories started coming back to me. 

I used to get a hundred compliments a day and now I can't even get one. 

My best friends. There one day. Gone the next. 

My brothers. I used to be the center of there world. Now it's all about there friends and their stuff.