Chapter 12

"Marcus said you left school early, did Junior pick you up?" That was the text from Dylan.

This meant that Marcus knew, how did Marcus always know everything. It's not fair, he knows it all, and doesn't say anything. He doesn't help, he just knows.

This also means, Dylan doesn't know about the fight. Which means the people in the hallway, we're not snitches. Or it meant Julianna was embarrassed and didn't want people knowing anything about it.

It's kind of hard not to notice the big blood dripping down her face and the possible broken tooth though. I hope the injuries Sufficed what I wanted to do to her.

I haven't opened Preston's messages. I had no idea if he knew what happened. I didn't care though, because I was done. I'm done fighting, if I'm not happy, I'm just not going to be happy. What's pretending doing for me.

I say that like I act happy, but I do act like I care. I show compassion and vulnerability but there's honestly no point anymore. Julianna was out of the way, and I'm probably going to return to school like nothing happened.

Spinning in the chair at the garage is when I remember to respond to the message. I'm a very forgetful person, but this is nothing new.

"Yes, I'm at the garage with Junior, just had a headache that I couldn't shake" I reply, a little lie was not going to hurt anyone. Well, maybe God, but I'm not religious.

I set my phone down, and started walking around the garage. A woman walked up to the desk, and since no one was around, I walked up to her.

"Hello, how can I help you today?" I ask the woman, who has a strikingly familiar face. Like resembling a celebrity maybe. She's not one, but the resemblance is definitely there.

"Yes, I'm here to pick up my car. I need to pay as well" she says.

"Alright, he's the paperwork, it's already been printed out so all you need to do is sign it and I can run your card while you do that" I say, taking her card from her, handing her the paper.

I've seen Junior do this once or twice. It's pretty self explanatory if I thought I was doing something wrong, I would have called for him. I do call for him though, for the keys. They keep the keys in a box, so that way they don't get snatched.

Junior applauded me, he thought I did a great job. I explained that it was literally the easiest project in the whole world, that even a ten year old could have done.

Once she leaves I go back to walking around. They have purchased some new equipment, that looks beautiful I might add. Junior returns to the car he was working on, leaving me alone again.

I see my phone flashing in the distance. Walking over to it, I notice it's a FaceTime. From Preston. After I take a second to contemplate it, I decide not to answer.

After a few seconds, he calls again. Taking another few seconds, this time I answer. He's laughing in the cafeteria. They must have token a break for lunch.

"Hey, where'd you go, I saw you this morning. It's not fun making fun of other people without you" Wow, if the wrong person got an earful of that, that could have been bad.

"I know, I'm sorry. I left early, I had a major headache and I figured seven hours of straight music would not be the cure" it would not have been, but it's whatever.

"We we're eating lunch, and decided to call you. What are you doing?" He asks.

"Just hanging out in my brothers garage. I had him pick me up from school. I really just couldn't see sitting in a school for eight hours today" which, in all honesty was true.

I just want to know what Juliana told the school nurse. I would of said I tripped in the parking lot, that's the best excuse. There's no cameras and concrete is a great way to do some damage.

Preston pulls out the snacks he brought, and I pull out mine. We snack on them like we're eating lunch together. I don't know why we're eating lunch around 11 am but oh well.

Soon, they have to return to the gym but Preston takes me with him and turns the camera so I can see some of the performances. It's hard for us to keep straight faces. Like really hard.

I only watch a few performances before hanging up. Starting to feel sick from lunch, I got to the bathroom. After, I got rid of my lunch, I was so disgusted that I officially did have a killer headache.

I make my way to the desk and lay my head on the desk. Eventually, drifting off into a sleep, I didn't even realize I was in.

*****
I wake up to a shake. Junior is telling me it's time to go home. I slept from noon to six. I mean I guess I needed it, otherwise that wouldn't of happened.

When we get home, dinner is made. Like usual Junior runs upstairs for a shower. I make my way to the table and see fruit salad, corn on the cob, and tacos.

I eat the fruit salad. I like corn, but most of the time I don't like the texture of it on the cob. So I just stick to a bowl of fruit salad. Marcus rolls his eyes at my plate, and I flick him off when Dylan isn't looking.

Apparently, very offended by that, Marcus picks up his plate and walks upstairs. When Dylan looks up he is so utterly confused it's almost funny.

"Where'd Marcus go?" He ask.

"Upstairs" I answer, calmly as not to trigger the anger I have for him.

"Did something happen?" He asks.

I just shrug and eat a piece of fruit.

*****
After dinner I go upstairs and get ready for bed early. I walk into my bathroom and spot a plate of food. Marcus knew what I did after dinner. I grab the plate, and my inner bitch arises.

I kick open Marcus's door. was it already half open, maybe, that's irrelevant at this point in time. I throw the plate of food at him, his luck being we don't use glass plates.

"You know what, we're done. You wanted to play your shit, fine, but we're done. You are no longer my brother, because a brother is not a fucking coward, which is what you are. You need to stop with the shit, the looks, the secrets, THE DAMN BLADES, I hope you know, we will never get our relationship back after this. You also have no right to ever mention my problems. This gives you no right to tell a soul. I hope you got what you wanted." I slam the door on my way out.

I walk back into my room and standing in the window seal is Julianna.