Chapter 23

Reluctantly I get out of bed. I was a little hungover but it wasn't bad. I had gotten a little carried away last night when Marcus said he wasn't sorry for what he said.

I was livid, and it wasn't a pretty quality. I believe some things were thrown, honestly, I don't remember. Although, I very clearly remember calling him a cocksucker.

That's just great, I hope I didn't do any serious damage. The open pill bottle on my nightstand makes me question this already. I walk downstairs to see nothing out of the ordinary.

Dylan is eating lunch and Junior is doing something on the computer. Everything is completely normal.

"Ah, Good morning sleepyhead," I hear Dylan say, but it sounded more like shouting.

I throw my hand up in response. I didn't trust my voice and he just added to my headache. I walk straight to the medicine cabinet and search for the ibuprofen.

My phone goes off and slowly I reach for it. It was a message from Cove.

'I take it from the twelve missed calls and eleven voicemails you miss me. Brunch tomorrow?'

I'm sorry, twelve missed calls. I called her twelve times. I think I've gone insane, and what could I have possibly said in eleven voicemails.

I take the ibuprofen and move to the couch. I post-mate tacos, the best hangover food. With extra nacho cheese of course. The Gilmore Girl in me lives for this moment.

"We have to go, we have Marcus's court hearing. Are you going to be okay by yourself,?" Dylan says.

I throw up a thumb up in response and bury my face into the couch. Until, I felt like I was on fire. The doorbell rings and I want so strongly for it to be my food. I know it's to soon though. Madeline stands on the other end.

"Figured you could use some company,"

I go to nod my head but my head hurts so bad I want to cry. I walk back to the couch and plop down. Every time I woke up hungover I swore I would never drink again. Yet, again and again, I find myself in the same situation.

Madeline shuts off the blinds and turns the silent doorbell feature on. Which, I never think to do. She really is the best. I try to remember that as I drift off to sleep, feeling the pain medication kicking in.

*****
I wake up to the sound of the door closing. My brothers finally coming home, though I don't even know what time it is. Dylan kisses Madeline and then gently pats my head.

I take the blanket I stole from the couch and go to my room. It was a struggle to be around my brothers right now. I don't know why, I just know, lately I feel like I can't breathe when I'm around them.

I snuggle into the comfort of my silk sheets and dream this will all be over soon. The awkwardness, the avoiding, and mostly the hatred in my heart for Marcus.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket, honestly freighting me a bit. I had already forgotten it was there.

'Don't tell me you forgot about me' it was a message from cove. Quite frankly, I did forgot to respond to her this morning.

'Of course not, I would love to meet for brunch tomorrow,'

'Good 😉'

Huh, I wonder that that's all about. Probably has something to do with the ELEVEN voicemails I left her. I mean seriously, how can I not remember anything I said.

There's a knock on my door and I get up to answer it. Almost tripping in the process but luckily I recover. Dylan stands on the other side, holding a envelope.