Chapter 24

Our lips tear apart and I'm reminded of the outside world. No one was paying attention to us but I was so crowded I didn't know what to do.

I can hear the band start and I don't know what to do. I feel the need to watch Junior but also to acknowledge what just happened.

I look at her and she's watching the band, she's smiling. She loops her arm in mine and we watch for a minute. Then she separates our arms and we begin to dance.

I can tell she wants to say something, but there's no way I'd be able to hear her. We sneak out and stand a few feet from the door.

"Well, what do you think,"

"I think, I'm excited to see where this goes," it just rolls out, I didn't even need time to really think about it. What I thought, I said.

"Good," she says about to take my hand when I see Madeline walk out. I turn so fast, as if that wasn't noticeable.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" Madeleine asks and I know I've been sited.

"I'm just meeting cove, she just got here," I say kind of out of breath. The idea of being caught was exhilarating.

I can feel coves eyes on me. She doesn't know what to say, she's tense.

"Oh well, come on we've been waiting for you,"

"Yeah, we'll be in soon," I tell Madeline but she doesn't leave for a few seconds and I get scared she's going to stay out here the whole time.

Eventually she does go back inside and I go back to my original position. I grab her hands and sigh at the fact that I really wasn't to come out.

Cove picks up on my mood and drags me out to the side of the building. Taking my hand in hers she leans in to kiss me. I realize she's doing this to calm my nerves, and it works.

I smile when our lips part and feel much better. We go back inside because I really did want to see Junior perform. Plus, it was only a matter of time before Madeline came out again looking for me.

We danced until the party ended and I don't think I ever smiled and laughed so much. Cove was such a bad dancer and it was hilarious watching her try. Though, I was bad too but I couldn't see myself.

After the party, Cove and I said our goodbyes. She went home and I went to find my brothers. Dylan decided ice cream would be on him.

We drove to our favorite ice cream place, Birdies. If we took one car, it would of looked like a clown car. We walked down the shopping center with our ice cream just talking and laughing. Just like old times, it was great. Well, add two girlfriends and Preston.

"Where's Dylan" I hear Madeline say behind me. We all turn to see that Dylan has disappeared. We walk back to try to find him.

"Found him," Emily says.

We all walk to see what she's looking at. Dylan is in a baby clothes store. We walk in to see he already has a handful of clothes in his hand.

"For Julianna" he says when he sees us. "I couldn't resist - My favorite uncle bought me this - I mean come on,"

It was so cute to see Dylan shopping for Julianna's baby. She had secretly told me that she was going to name the baby something to do with Dylan. The day after he learned about her pregnancy he called her to check on her and bought her a changing table.

Junior picked up the cutest little crocheted booties and my heart almost exploded. I watched as they all picked up stuff for the baby even though Emily didn't even know her and Madeline barely knew her.