Chapter 28

We leave today. It crushes me to say goodbye. I just got her back and now I have to leave again. Sitting on my bed, I don't want to get up and finish packing. That would make it official, I don't want to make it official.

It's six a.m. and I can certainly say the tiredness mixed with sadness is not a good emotion to feel. I want so badly to let my body fall asleep but I know I can't.

The knock at my door makes my heart jump. It's like I know I've been caught sleeping instead of packing. Although, I wasn't sleeping - I just wasn't packing either.

Dylan appears with a giant cart in hand to take our bags to the car. I put the one packed bag I have on it and go back to finish packing my other bags.

"We're leaving in twenty minutes, The Vanderbilts have so graciously asked us to come over for breakfast,"

"I'll be fast, I promise,"

"Alright, I'll be back,"

He leaves my room and Preston catches the open door. He looks so good in the mornings, his unbrushed hair is so hot.

"I brought you something," he says.

He pulls my shirt off and puts the shirt be brought me on. It smells like him, now I just need to never take it off.

"You look really good this morning," I say cupping one hand in his hair and the other over hanging over his shoulder.

"Oh yeah,"

"Yeah," I say and try to go in for a kiss but he puts a finger to my lip.

"No kissing until you've finished packing,"

"Babeee,"

"Don't babe me, I finished packing last night,"

"I'll help you, princess,"

He turns to pack my clothes from the dresser but I stand shocked. He called my princess, oh my God. I'm going to be on a high all day.

*****

The Vanderbilt's have a catered breakfast waiting for us when we arrive. Julianna's still in her pajamas and it's clear she was forced to wake up.

"Good morning beautiful," I say embracing her in a hug.

"Morning,"

"Your bump is very bumping this morning,"

"I noticed, I love it, he's getting so big,"

"Your going to push a ten pounder out,"

"That's not funny,"

"Sorry," I hold back a chuckle. Chunky babies are so cute.

We sit down and my eyes dart towards the closet. Julianna and I used to do some weird stuff in their. Like perform rituals or some shit, who even knows. We watched charmed and then all bets were off.

"Excuse us," Julianna says when sees what I'm looking at giving me a nod. She grabs the blanket and I grabbed the candle and lighter.

I watch the horrified faces as we close the closet door behind us.

"What the fuck are they doing?" Julianna's dad says. I had barely heard him utter a word all weekend.

"We're saying goodbye, Howard," I shout from the inside of the closet.

Julianna puts the blanket down and I light the candle. She very steadily goes down, knees first.

"This looks a lot different then it did a few years ago," she says.